λ-Bridge Thermal Conductor

rote:

as a resistor or capacitor or whatever, I would use three vertical, wavy li nes. Like three S letters but not so curved, like heat rising. But the wo rds are what count.

ly).

x. No one will know what this is otherwise, as it is a unique and new sort of part.

symbols to be symbols---I would try to some kind of simple graphic. My temp erature ICs look like analog thermometers, not empty boxes. I have put a T inside the thermometer graphic. While I gave a "boxed" symbol, It is even b etter if it can be made w/o a box (for a simple two-terminal part). Another idea in Unicode:

box because of confusion with a mixer/multiplier. (I was toying with some other ideas.)

e, so it can be generally defined there

I think all this is gilding the lily. I don't think any of them will be us ed enough for anyone other than you to learn what it means. So just stick with a box with a slash in it and text.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

The Vishay PCAN series of aluminum nitride resistors is available up to 30K ohms in 0603 and 0805. They are cheap, around 60 cents at q500.

30K might not matter in a lot of places.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Interesting, get thermal bridging in a resistor. But, a 30k version might not have much thermal conductivity. They do say "High thermal conductivity aluminum nitride substrate" and "aluminum nitride ceramic substrates with enlarged backside terminations to reduce the thermal resistance between the topside resistor layer and the solder joint on the end users circuit assembly", but they give no thermal conductivity info, let alone vs. resistance, if it matters. OK, dissipate 1 watt with 0805,** 6 watts with 2512 (dependant on component mounting by user). Sounds good, take a measurement.

** But not nearly as good as the AVX 0805 part.
--
 Thanks,
    - Win

If it's AlN, 0805, and has the same thickness as the AVX part, the thermal conductivity should be about the same.

So, adding the resistive element cuts the price about in half.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Like I said, "Sounds good, take a measurement."

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Here's another one:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nice datasheet, good-looking product, but can't find any info online, using the p/n.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win