Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Mechanical ringer
On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 21:59:39 -0700, Don Y wrote: Yes, designed for a 20 Hz ring signal. Not really. For the morbidly curious, Western Electric published a full article on the design of that ringer in...
8
8

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories
On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs wrote: Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always only one true Truth.
15
15

Re: OT: Garbage Data Used to Support Climate Change Hoax
On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 22:45:35 +0000, Cursitor Doom wrote: ITYM "in the open spaces near (FSVO "near") runways". What's preposterous about that? What do you suppose happens to hot exhaust gases from...
96
96

Does anyone here know how do laser LED-s fail?
I got a new laser module to engrave anodized aluminium with, one with 10W output (40W in it says), NEJE E40. ( , this one; I had a 5W output of theirs before that which did not have the power to...
6
6

3d printing
Does anyone here do 3d printing? I want to make some small fixtures to hold a part in place on a PCB as it passes through our reflow oven. I was planning to machine it from aluminum and steel, but it...
6
6

Re: About the Mars helicopter electronics
On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 05:29:33 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: Would LOVE to see schematics and software listings ! And a tear-down. Nobody on YT seems to have one to take apart though. :) boB

How to make an 8mH inductor which can handle 13V peak square wave without saturation
I used to know all this many years ago... how to work out the flux density, and choose a material which doesn't saturate, but I have long forgotten! It needs to be good with a 13V peak square wave,...
24
24

ESP32
Has anyone used any of the ESP32 parts? That's the Expressif Systems family of uP's. Any comments?
13
13

NASA’s Mars helicopter was much more revolutionary than we knew
It turns out NASA’s Mars helicopter was much more revolutionary than we knew - Ingenuity packed more computing power than all other NASA deep space missions combined. by Eric Berger - Jan 29, 2024...
8
8

Re: Reduce clutter
Sewing kits? :)
2
2

Re: OT: More "reading comprehension" problems
After it's power-cycled. More than once have been on a road trip where my phone's BT connection to the car (for music or nav) has dropped from the car-side, an and the only fix is "get off at the...
9
9

OT: Cold Weather Kills Electric Cars
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/17/business/tesla-charging-chicago-cold-weather.html
2
2

OT: Has your Iphone been Spying on You?
See The Mystery of CVE-2023-38606 podcast at Security Now! Weekly Internet Security Podcast. This week describing the newly revealed SockStress TCP stack vulnerabilities.
13
13

Re: Pogress on marking spam.
In article AnthI have reasonable success by blocking posts with an unreasonable large subject line (>60 chars). was unreadable before that. (Not that it is a solution, but hey!) Groetjes Albert

Re: Toyota Solid State Batteries
Yup. And that "big battery" will be charging one car per day so it could recharge to provide that megawatt fast charge. I still remember working at the oil field 40 years ago where we had three 12MW...
5
5