8 channel version of ULN2003?

ULN2803 is the classic answer. Two more pins, one more driver.

As a "power output expander", I really like the shift-registers with power sinking outputs. Like the TPIC6C596.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

surface mount

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

rs do the TPIC6259,6273,6259,6595 any of which will do what you need.

Reply to
cbarn24050

How about the ULN2803

Reply to
James Beck

Any suggestions? I'm just driving 8 little 12V relays, and I dont have the space for another ULN2003

thanks

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Tim, James Thanks guys I've been going through TI, natsemi etc. all the usual suspects for over an hour. Why on earth doesnt " relay driver" work on some of these search engines. I knew there was one, but I just couldnt remember the number.

Thanks again

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi Win, It will be after the prototypes, I always try to use socketed stuff for pre-production, also Olimex PCB tracks lift so damn easily, I must ask them to stop using wallpaper paste instead of glue

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

re :TPIC6C596 couldnt find it on RS comps or farnell, so I'll stick with 2803 and a hc595 for the moment

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

I wonder if anybody makes a dual channel version in something like SOT-23-6:

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany