Subject Author Posted Replies

Switch Mode Wall Warts in Series
I used to wire two 12VDC 1A power adaptors in series to produce a split supply with center "ground". Now that it's all switch mode, there seems to be a problem with this. Is there any way around it?...
13
13

One chip causes entire digital piano to become garbage (venting....)
So we have this digital piano, purchased about 6 years go. It sits in the house and is rarely played. A few days ago some keys stopped working, and the ones that do work are playing the wrong note. In...
13
13

Measured Lipo discharge curve
Measured Lipo discharge curve This is a 1Ah Lipo powering my Geiger counter GPS logger. It lasted about 434 minutes, or say 7.3 hours. It only takes 4 minutes or so for the battery to drop from 3.2V...
1
1

Make Inductive Load Look Resistive
I once read it was possible to make an inductive load look "resistive" to the driver by placing an RC network in parallel with the feed. Does anyone know exactly how this functions. Or if there is a...
14
14

Capacitive Touch (etched on PCB)
All, I am going to be working on a new design and we wanted to add capacitive touch capability to our board. We wanted to etch a copper pad on the board and then use this as the touch element. After...
5
5

Drivings LED with limited pins
All, I want to be able to toggle 23 separate LEDs in my application. The design challenge is that I only have about 17 pins available on my SoC. What are some options for this? 1.) Use another...
61
61

electronic nose circuits
Anyone played with this? The eNose or electronic nose is an array of plastic films that absorb various gases in a different way. The read-out is via various schemes, and the discrimination is pattern...
29
29

/
I DONT HAVE A RIGOL AND I DONT HAVE A TEK.
22
22

Power Amplifier for EEG Signals
Our group is attempting to build a low frequency amplifier (DC to 60Hz) capable of amplifying voltage potentials in plants to a level of 12Vpp at 1A. The idea is to drive a large visual display, based...
12
12

Spiral Antennas
Does anyone have any practical experience with these? Looks deceptively simple, and cheap. How about a wearable version to improve cell phone and wireless reception? Barry Latham
24
24

transistor arrays
The NPN capacitances and beta curve are impressive. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
19
19

Need Schematic for an Exact 7030
It's been 10 years since I've ask, so here it is again, has anyone come across a manual for an Exact 7030 signal generator? It has an output above the 100kHz setting, no output below 100kHz. Mikek
32
32

SLB and charger question
I would like to buy a NP 4-6 Yuasa 6 Volt 4 Amp Hour Battery. Would this charger work and how do I determine how long to recharge a discharged battery ? Model: HB-0702-01 Input: AC100-240V 50-60Hz...
3
3

Freescale
Freescale had 20 employees on flight MH3770. I always advise my bosses to take seperate planes, but they never get it. Cheers
17
17

Homemade Discone Antenna
I have seen several webpages describing home construction of discone antennae from inexpensive materials. Wire version: Sheet version: Combined with the Mini Circuits RF amp below, I would like to...
14
14