Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I buy replacement test lead probes?
I've been playing around with electronics for around 50 years. In the old days, test lead probes had tips that screw into the probe insulator (the part you hold). Those old ones were easy to fix, just...
12
12

Speaker in a sealed unit
I'm working on a project that features a water-tight enclosure. It's not hermetically sealed -- there's a pressure relief valve -- but the customer wants it to work while waterproof. Any suggestions...
19
19

Very precise xtal oscillator?
Someone has no doubt done this, but I am interested in measuring very small changes in a xtal when it accumulates a surface material. I used simple versions in a vacuum chamber for thin film...
35
35

Nice HP scope going cheap
I'd buy it if I didn't have 7 scopes already. Cheers Phil Hobbs
52
52

Scary Sub-Audio Generator
If I start this project now, it might be ready for Halloween. But ... how might it work? Richard Clarke
27
27

DIY CRO Protection HV Probe
I have been experimenting with HV circuits that generate up to 10KVAC within the audio range. The usual oscillator and step-up transformer configurations. I would like to check the output waveforms on...
4
4

Weight of a 1210 SMT capacitor?
Google search has finally failed me. I can't find the weight of a 1210 SMT capacitor so that I can guestimate its final temperature from the dissipation and the specific heat. All I can find is either...
21
21

Programing the Lattice GAL22LV10
So I have to program some of these older components these days and I wonder if there is a programming algoritm out there. The datasheet points to various programmer manufacturers but I don?t like to...
10
10

EMI/ESD? micro reset
Repairing a digital audio procesor. Symptom it makes an horrendous noise like swarm of hornets and bagpipes with chorus and reverb. There is a reset line that connects reset pin of the system micro to...
3
3

Power supply module that works from -40C to +85C?
Gentlemen, Looking for a power supply module, does not need any enclosure, similar to the Meanwell EPP-100 series ... ... but with an operating temperature range from -40C to +85C. The lower temp can...
2
2

STM8S programming.
I was looking for a cheap MCU with > 384 bytes of memory and at least 6 IO lines and 16MHz or better. The cheapest I found on digikey for my requirements was this one: I have some experience...
6
6

OT: PDF problem
I wrote an on-line tax program, but some customers can't read my pdf output. Can you guys read the 1040 (bottom of second tab)? I am on a tight schedule, and you all know the deadline....
18
18

damned cameras
I got a Fuji AX650 as a cheap vacation type camera. My older Fuji cam didn't need driver installs, and just opened on any PC as a generic USB memory stick, with the images inside. This new one needs a...
35
35

OT: Script question
I have the following code that works to a point: // discover if browser is crappy Opera or crappy Safari // Agent is unique for our purposes var "Safari"); // found if browser is Chrome or Safari var...
5
5

Arduino C Question
Anyone know how to write a function that controls the execution of code or block of code after the function, like if() and other functions do. myfunction() { } I know I can use... if(myfunction()) { }...
25
25