Subject Author Posted Replies

Aybody have a good reference/tutorial on noise and double balanced mixers?
Need URLs to some good information, or URLs to pdf AppNotes or Articles regarding how to understand noise as it goes through a double balanced mixer. I just did some simulations of double balanced...
38
38

Fake OPA627 on ebay
Fakes on ebay. That is some breaking news!
1
1

Need a freeware tool for graphical representation of system design.
I'm trying to help someone at a remote location implement some mostly software functions that drive hardware. He's disorganized and I need a way to help organize his thoughts so I don't end up writing...
13
13

Here is some new bad news, and i mean really bad news
See Link: ?;..((
166
166

Verilog style question
Hi, all, I'm writing my first bit of mildly nontrivial Verilog. It's a controller for a sort of combination boxcar and lock-in, with a few bells and whistles. (The lock-in runs for exactly N cycles,...
21
21

interviews
We're interviewing design engineers and interns, all EE graduates or soon to be. So far, nobody knows the basics of what an opamp or a transistor does. One guy, prompted, got an opamp output polarity...
225
225

Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem
Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem A Multi Tech MT5656zdx modem is now connected to a computer here and is working great - at 2400 baud! The AT$SB38400 command, which is reported to change the serial baud...
10
10

OT: send nfo from site?
I want to send the equivalent of an e-mail with javascript derived data as the body - BUT WITHOUT need of any e-mail client on the user side. In a HTML page, i can add: // Agent is unique for our...
11
11

beast!
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
21
21

Unexpected PIC32 behavior
I'm trying out the SPI module on a PIC32MX150, and I've encountered something I wasn't expecting. The pin selection / module enabling stuff is done, and I get i/o, but the Slave Select pin only goes...
13
13

3D printing for integrated circuits?
This just occurred to me as a joke, but I have a horrible feeling that it's not as ridiculous as I might like. Is anyone offering a tabletop IC fab yet? In ten years will we be thinking of IC fab as...
25
25

Mystery Part -- Si VN01?
I was digging through le junque bocs yesterday looking for a TO-92 MOSFET, and found a bag of what I dimly remember as being such. But my memory is too dim, and I used a PN2222 with a base resistor...
17
17

LG hombot robot vacuum cleaner disassembly
LG hombot robot vacuum cleaner disassembly I got the open source software from LG, but no reply on my request for a service manual, and could not find out how to open it without damaging the plastic....
115
115

How do "smart" meters phone home?
Can anyone tell me how smart meters communicate with the mother ship? Years ago I read an article about slow radio transmission. Thanks in advance. j
8
8

Warning about the 2 dollar ebay USB sound cards
Warning about the 2 dollar ebay USB 'sound cards' After damaging (destroying) a Sennheiser ear phone (and almost my ears), I thought it was time to type lsusb to see what it was in these things: lsusb...
1
1