Subject Author Posted Replies

ee books
I hired a guy who has a BS in physics and an MSEE, and limited experience in analog circuit design. He's very smart and wants to learn. Of course I'll teach him what I know, but I figure I'd get him...
147
147

low current inverter
low current +5V -> -5V (-3.5V?) inverter. I've got a few unused 74HC14's on a digital ciruit. (maybe I can turn these digital dogs to an analog purpose?) I just need a few mA's to pull an opamp rail...
87
87

OT: Best Website Hosting?
I'm fed up with OLM (my website hosting company), they've garnered yet another blacklisting due to spam traffic, snarling up my E-mail forwarding... Final-Recipient: RFC822; Action: failed Status:...
42
42

lead
27
27

Debugger recommendation wanted
I'm designing a board with a Cortex M3 on it. I need something to program the flash and enable debugging. I'm considering the J-Link EDU. What would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your comments.
22
22

A seawortthy GPS and radiati ncounter
A sea worthy GPS and radiation counter When sailing near F*ckupshima on the round-the-world trip with your small catemaran, you need this. I ordered some more solar flashlight boxes from ebay, those...
1
1

Highish Current/Lowish Voltage Rectification
Hi all, I have a welding transformer that produces an output of either 50V AC or 80V AC (open circuit voltage) at a range of currents of up to 200 Amps. I want to convert this to DC, preferably by...
37
37

Does this thermodynamic invention make any sense?
I'm wondering if this makes sense You have an oil lamp as a source of heat. Then you have a thermoelectric generator coupled thermally to it. (Could be a cooler run backwards.) then you connect that...
26
26

Triac vs MOSFETs for AC switching
I'm designing a switch (basically a SSR) for AC 110V, 60Hz. Does anyone kn ow if it's better to go with a pair of FETs or with a Triac? My design has to be able to withstand a short circuit current of...
35
35

Magnetically Actuated Micro-Robots for Advanced Manipulation
This is cool: (especially after 50secs into the video) Cheers Klaus
3
3

PING Kevin Ayward
Kevin, As you are a simulator expert, I have a question for you... If I have a _bounded_ source driving an Algebraic multiplication, is the result bounded (in simulators :), or should I bound the...
5
5

test gadget
Imagine a box with a USB interface, that is full of DACs, a mux'd high-quality DVM, a bunch of logic i/os, I2C and SPI, some SSRs, a few programmable power supplies, all easy to control from various...
17
17

Survivalist Electronics and Technology
So, I am opening this subject, since I have not seen any disciplined approach to the subject. What happens with an errant meteor or that awkward emp goes off? Can electronics be protected? Does...
42
42

NCP3065 in DIL?
Hi Does anyone know whether this chip from On Semi. comes in DIL packege? WBR Sonnich
3
3

Test equipment auction
I know some of you always seem to be on the look out for test equipment. I got this email today from Bentley's Auction for 300 lots of test equipment. Might all be crap, might be a good item in there....
1
1