Subject Author Posted Replies

How to Keep NiMH's From Loosing Charge
I can remember when a battery used to hold its charge for weeks or months. With some of the NiMH's now it seems like they are down 50% in a few days just sitting on the shelf. Yes, these are brand...
28
28

Another Woman at the Helm-This Time Allowing 9 Million Lbs Beef Unfit for Human Consumption on the Market
USDA inspector Lynnette Thompson apparently valued recreation sexual pleasure more than the safety of millions of consumers:
13
13

OT: Replacing drawer guides.?
At the old house I replaced several broken drawer guides with those nice ball-bearing full-extension types. I'm considering doing the same here... nothing broken yet, but the full extension would be...
8
8

OT: Who said this...
Who was it that said this in January 2000... "Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been,...
19
19

Use of Flat Disc as Antenna
I was just wondering, if I get a pizza pan (or any metal disk) and solder a lead to the center, would it act as an antenna for resonant wavelengths? It occured to me this might be a way to receive...
16
16

Bandswitching or SiC diodes in mixers?
Is it better to use bandswitching diodes (not PIN diodes) in (DBM) HF...VHF mixers? RDmax=0.7 ohm @ 3 mA Have somebody measured how fast they switch? E.g. BA591: Main page: - Another question: How...
2
2

firefox 29
My Firefox upgraded to v29. It looks awful. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
82
82

Quick Eagle question: German abbreviation for trimpot pad labels
Hi, all, and especially Joerg, My beautiful layout hunchback is laying out the boxcar lock-in board. It contains a current source to drive the LED, which has a trim pot. Normally over here, they're...
18
18

Thermistor pressure sensor
Thermistor pressure sensor. Here's a circuit for using a thermistor as pressure sensor. from here, It's like a pirani gauge in that you measure how much voltage you need to keep the element at a...
22
22

Re: Question on zero-crossing circuit
This one is kinda cute Simple, cheap, low power, tight and accurate window. (Assuming you want an isolated AC line zcd, which you may not want)
5
5

Best overall website hosting - software development platform
I am looking for a software development tool(s) that will let me: -do a few simple graphics -mostly text -a very simple Paypal or other payment system - very low key, as $ not the aim -a means to...
2
2

Electronic Stethoscope - New Design
Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous thread on building an electronic stethoscope from a schematic downloaded off the internet. I spent days trying to get it working, and have come to the...
25
25

Thermoelectric heater control
Has anyone worked with thermoelectric heaters before? I have one I need to control, and I was just going to make a PWM circuit, but I googled thermoelectric heater control, and these specialized chips...
18
18

Watt Sun Atto Parsec
If you remember the guy (and whatever happened to him, hasn't been seen here for years now), he'd probably get a kick out of this one. Around 67% efficient, 1W capacity (the Chinese LED claims "3W",...
7
7

economic mystery
If there's an Invisible Hand that makes supply rise to meet demand, how come Safeway is always out of Boston Creme Donuts?
102
102