Subject Author Posted Replies

Reprogramming a uC FLASH while running code - STM32F
I have used a variety of different micros (Z80 onwards) since about 1980 but all the PROM or FLASH based ones (e.g. H8/300 or Atmel 90S1200) were programmed externally, via a spring-contact adaptor....
26
26

How are serial digital sequences generated in code?
I am looking at interfacing an ADS 8344 Ti ADC chip to a Bone. The ADC is controlled serially through a single control pin. Can anyone tell me how to program such a sequence from a Beagle Bone or...
30
30

CCD chip in mineral oil...
This may be more of a physics question than electronics, but I'm guessing t his group will have the right people... I think I have more scientific know ledge than your average Joe, but this is beyond...
80
80

vector phase rotator
We did a quadrature-signal phase rotator in an FPGA, and I did this just to check my rusty high-school trig. The FPGA data is signed 16-bit fractional. We digitize an incoming sine wave (called I) and...
8
8

S-parameter curves in LTspice
Call me dense, but after many years of using LTspice, during which many times I inserted return-loss bridges into my circuits to measure S11, someone pointed out to me that LTspice has a directive for...
18
18

Electromagnetic noise could set European robin adrift
Electromagnetic noise could set European robin adrift So save the birds and away with the power saving switch modes! I have converted mine, this used to be a noisy chinese - agressive bunch of south...

Every day is a new learning experience :-)
I bought a Hampton Bay Solar light in order to modify it to use as a battery charger in order to be more "Green Friendly" and to use it to charge other batteries. It uses 2 lithium phosphate batteries...
2
2

grrrrr
I am considering using this: Looks pretty good for $5. The abs max rating for analog input pins is +-0.3 volts from the analog supply rails, and maybe 10 mA continuous. Then, on page 25, is the...
53
53

CO detector quit after five years, why?
Folks, It woke us up last night ... BIPP .. BIPP .. BIPP ... accompanied by "err" on its LCD. Same when running on the (full) backup battery so it's unlikely an electrolytic. It is a "First Alert...
96
96

CV measurement
Hi all, I want to do some CV (capacitance vs voltage) measurements On some diodes and things. I drew up this, Pretty much brute force. (I sometimes get the feeling that opamps are the only tool I...
15
15

Garage Door Opener Range.
This new, very well-insulated, foil-backed, house has one drawback... the garage door opener range with the garage door closed is only about 20' Any ideas on how I could extend that range? ...Jim...
117
117

DDK from NI
Hi everyone, I'm wondering whether it's feasible to write our own linux driver through the DDK (Driver Development Kit) from National Instrument or we'd be better off if we buy a new PCIe card with...
34
34

avionics system testing
Hi everyone, when it comes to system testing there's always a big difference in opinions and habits that often lead to poor reuse, great efforts and somewhat awkward schedule slips. We are developing...
15
15

Ali Baba vs. Apple
The world's biggest company, Ali Baba (AB), will go public soon. So it's time for a comparison chart to Apple (AP), a US company. AB: creates millionaires AP: creates $10/hr retail jobs, ships jobs...
2
2

Okay Great-As Little 80mm Sea Level Rise Could Trigger a Self-sustained Discharge of the Entire East Antarctic Ice Basin
13
13