Subject Author Posted Replies

windows screen capture movies
Hi, Can anyone suggest a program that does screen capture movies from Windows? I'm running XP. There's a bunch of free stuff around, but it may be full of adware/spyware. Just wondering if anyone has...
4
4

PT1000 circuit
Hi all, Need your advice.... I'm building a prototype of a bench-top instrument. I need to measure absol ute temperature using a RTD pt1000 sensor with short lead wires (
26
26

Quadrature Oscillator
Quadrature oscialltor. Hi all, As part of the CV measurements (from a previous post) I'm thinking about a 1 MHz lockin. (Maybe a different thread to talk about how to do the switching.) I was...
49
49

Heck of a way to run an oscillator?
I was looking at the SAW oscillator circuits at a co. called Epcos, and they just take an op amp with the SAW filter in the feedback loop. They explain that the op amp amplifies noise, but...
44
44

Solvents and containers
When using liquid RMA flux, it's a bit messy. So, I've fiddled with the containers, trying (1) a screw-capped bottle with brush in cap (too much fiddling, and the brush is much too big) (2) a...
13
13

9V Battery or 2 x AAA with 9V Converter
In terms of battery life, and assuming the same brand of Alkaline battery, is it more efficient to use a 9V battery or 2 AAA cells with something like the TL496 converter pictured here. If not, what...
34
34

High speed pulse generator to test oscilloscope
Greetings I have a Tek TDS694C I will be selling, and I'd like to demo it's high speed performance by showing it detecting a rise time - I'm trying to remember exactly what that is - somewhere in...
12
12

On-board Oscillator with CMOS 4046
Hello, I need help to determine the value of VR2 and C12 (pin 6 and 7). For my project I need a base frequency of 400 rpm and a running speed of 4000 rpm. I also determine a R26 (pin 11) at 10k for a...
8
8

Keynote Speaker Boston | Personal Branding Minneapolis
Sanjog Aul is a keynote speaker, and he has worked with and interviewed ove r 800 top IT executives from global enterprises including Google, MasterCar d, The New York Stock Exchange and Euronext,...

Voice Microphone for Portable Guitar Amp
I have a portable guitar amp I would like to use as a PA system with a microphone Is there any problem with this, i.e. impedance matching, etc? What type of low cost microphone would work best?...
12
12

c question
I'm not much of a c programmer, so maybe someone can give me some advice. We'll be running Linux on a 600 MHz ARM processor in a Xilinx ZYNQ chip, on a microZED board. We'll have some big waveform...
95
95

Scientific analysis of meteorite and parachutist
Or was it a meteorite? Mikek What can a 45-year-old mission to the Moon tell us about a
1
1

Another classic reprint restoration
... at This one features our Bitmap Typewriter as a key tool for restoring electronic schematics. Reconstruction was done from a mangy xerox copy. Services available. -- Many thanks, Don Lancaster...
5
5

Earth broke
My Google Earth is dead, some nonsense about inability at access authentication servers. Has Google broken yet another of their own products? They like to do that.
18
18

wiegand wire
Anyone know of a US supplier for wiegand wire detectors like these? WG112, WG311 I have an application where these have big advantages over halls or GMR....
15
15