Subject Author Posted Replies

The Power Bank
If there is any one can help to check the items we are going to sell with a few minutes? We want to know the if the customers will be pleased with the products. And if any one who can visit the...
1
1

Synchronous post-rectification
Hello, my master power supply provides me with synchronously rectified, but not filtered (!) AC current. For the used 12V toroidal transformer the output waveform is thus 17V*abs(sin(50Hz)), up to...
3
3

Law Enforcement Using Twitter for Real Time Updates of Criminal Activity
Just because it is beyond your rather limited imagination , Joerg/JosephKK, doesn't mean it's not useful. Like I said, obsolete. The DNA mist seems rather interesting too, now instead of getting...

Robbery Suspect Tracked by GPS and Killed

Li-ion shelf life
Once upon a time a chem-type told me a Li-Ion cell's electrodes went irreversibly into solution if the cell was allowed to drop too low for too long, and the all-knowing internet confirmed it. Plus I...
2
2

Getting GPIO out of a PC? Best way?
GPIO pins, which are just digital high-low pins under SW control, are generally the simplest output from a CPU IC. Does anyone have an opinion about the best way to get this functionality out of a...
67
67

Dual to AllPass.?
Does there exist a dual to an AllPass, that is, a structure in which amplitude varies with frequency, but phase does not? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
22
22

Writing a RF weather fax program
Writing a RF weather fax program This is received on 8038 kHz, with a cheap Tecsun 1 kHz step SSB receiver, indoors with a small telescope antenna: wget Converted to mp3, recorded as 48 kHz 16 bits...
3
3

Multisim - how to do an ac sweep of voltage, not frquency?
I wanted to plot linearity of a circuit with an input of 1 to 200mV 1kHz. Thought this would be easy using a simulator - but in the end had to do it the hard way with generator, meters and pencil. Is...
4
4

Campari.??
A friend gave me a bottle of Campari. I tried it on the rocks and did not find it very palatable :-( How is it best mixed? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
27
27

18500 Battery Clip Holder Box Case
I have looked all over but can not find a battery holder for 18500 batteries. Some places list this, 18650 17500 18500 Battery Clip Holder Box Case, but is misleading because all these batteries are...
4
4

More Monty Hall
A while ago I posted a question about this counter-intuitive probability paradox: If you have a lion behind 1/3 doors, and you open a door and find it's not there, then you increase your chances by...
9
9

Courtesy Call from my Healthcare Ins. Co.
I got a call from my Healthcare insurance company. They let me know on June 1st my premium will increase $102 mo. Family of three $10,000 deductible, $544 mo. up to $646 mo. an 18.8% increase. This is...
82
82

Two Granddaughters.
Two Granddaughters graduating today from UofA, both with degrees in Business Administration from the Eller School of Business :-) And both already employed! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
3
3

few-MHz empty frequency bands
Hi, folks:- To pick a freqency band that's going to be fairly quiet world-wide, any suggestions? Somewhere a bit above the AM band, maybe 3-5MHz. This is for a modulation signal in a low level...
88
88