Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Today's Political "Amusement".
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
1
1

Pi vs Tau
Mike Keith said, "thinking in terms of pi is like reaching your destination and saying you're twice halfway there." We seem to get stuck with our conventions. Mikek
20
20

stepper motor array
Hi. What would be the best way to control multiple stepper motors ? Only one motor will run in the same time and it will run on button press. The reason why am struggling with this is because i dont...
16
16

Interchangeability of M9 type connectors
I have a module that is supplied with a Tyco Electronics part no. 6-1437719-4 connector. This is shipped with a power adapter with mating connector Tyco Electronics part no. 3-1437719-3. Due to space...

Soldering - thermal vias under D-PAK
A board house just griped about half a dozen or so thermal vias under a D-PAK regulator, used to heatsink the device to a groundplane beneath. Their gripe is the vias wick the solder paste out from...
105
105

2V / 2mA to drive 2A
Hi all I have a low power system, which should control some lights. As of now max 20W at 12V (1.7A), with a control signal of 2V and max 2mA (Q-Touch 42QT1012) I have tried a NPN darlington, TIP120,...
17
17

where to get non-FR PCB material
Hello, We need to get a small quantity of NON-fire retardant PC board material for an ion chamber project. This will be under high vacuum conditions, so fire is impossible. We need to avoid...
19
19

Re: Actual price/gallon for 12% Hasa Pool Chlorine (for SMS and the Silicon Valley)
Oren wrote, on Wed, 25 Jun 2014 07:24:12 -0700: Hi Oren, Huckleberries are, um, I mean bleach is a strange beast indeed, which, I admit, is confusing because, while chlorinating liquid is usually sold...
1
1

Any power line communication gurus here ?
Are there any power line communication gurus on this newsgroup, who could answer some of my queries. A colleague recently referred to me an article: Is the 'smart grid' the author talks about...
2
2

HAZLOC test houses? (explosion proof designs)
Folks, A client of mine is in need of consulting and testing services regarding explosion proof gear for oil field use. So that would likely be HAZLOC (or in Europe ATEX). Texas would be nice but...
2
2

optical lightning detector
I want to concoct a trigger to fire my camera when there's lightning in the area of where the camera is pointed. I do not want one of the RF burst detectors, as I don't care about lightning that's not...
46
46

trigger transformer
I was thinking about triggering a TinyLogic one-shot that will be 4 KV off ground. How about a surface-mount inductor on one side of a PCB, and another on the opposite side, as a transformer? Whack...
21
21

Quick question
Hi all, I finished off a William Goldman* book last night and picked B. Pease's "Trouble shooting analog circuits" of the shelf. He does a little active probe circuit. So why is there the second pnp...
138
138

VA deaths covered up to make statistics look better, whistle-blower says
As usual the idiot MSM and Congress are pretending all this is peculiar to the VA when in fact they know the whole U.S. government bureaucracy behaves like this.

[ot] Gun nuts were wearing adult diapers
Then again, the Millers had shit for brains. Speaking of shit for brains, this tea bagging gun nut who is running for governor of Nevada was the one that invited the cop killers to the ranch of tea...
10
10