Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: un-scam
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:18:18 -0700 [06/24/2014 08:18:18 AM PDT] From: To: Raymond Paul Subject: Re: Ref To Your Fund:Robert Baer, Western Union Agent * Please see comments like this below. Quoting...
4

OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?
It's HOT, so I thought run the ceiling fan so the cool air comes across the stone flooring and moves by me to be sucked up into the ceiling fan - so I feel cooler. Fan is set to move air UP Earlier I...
244
244

OT: PNG Format
Is it possible to make multi-page PNG's? That is, I want to post a PNG file that you can see multiple pages, one page at a time. Can that be done? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
18
18

Gerber Edit & Panelization
I'm looking for Gerber editing and panelization software. In decreasing order of want, I'm looking for: * panelizes boards in a regular grid * no-nonsense and works right * open-source * low cost if...
28
28

online components dot com any good?
Hi all, I'm doing a life time buy of Panasonic caps. according to octo parts, onlinecomponents is about 25% lower than the other usual suspects, (mouser, digi, arrow..etc.) Has any one dealt with...
4
4

ebay
It's weird to see your own gear on ebay... Heck, the rack alone is worth $500.
6
6

Louis Zamperini, Olympian Whose Story of War Survival Became 'Unbroken,' Dies at 97
Unbelievable individual: "In 1938, Zamperini set a national collegiate mile record of 4:08.3, which stood for 15 years." That's quite a speedy mile at average speed of 14.5 MPH. This man had staying...

Super Hydrophobic Coating
I just bought a Rust-Oleum spray can(s) of this coating. I got it at Ace Hardware, and my interest was to put on a PCB to prevent water film build up in wet conditions. This coating is so good, you...
4
4

Russia Beats U.S. at Their Own Game
...with help from all the U.S. disaffected citizens and faux refugee immigrants from eastern Europe no doubt.
45
45

Design gets Eco Award
BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM, IT WON'T WORK. I found this on Neon John's website. Mikek
4
4

Video DC Restorer
Just did a video DC restorer function (in CMOS) for a UTC camera chip, and realized that it would be trivial to do the same function with bipolar discrete devices. On the S.E.D/Schematics page of my...
34
34

Large Noise from Bridge Rectifier; Conducted Emission Measurement
Hi I am working on a high power frequency inverter (>1kW) and have a "funny" looking emission graph The converter is the typical inverter type, EMC filter->3 Phase Rectifier->DC Inductor->DC Link...
21
21

Coax as waveguide
Is there any possibility of using coaxial cable as a microwave waveguide? That is, not using the inner conductor, which is grounded at both ends (as is the outer), but somehow guiding an appropriately...
24
24

Challenging Construction Techniques - Several examples
Several solutions and one open question: 1. Drilling holes in glass. I build a "dam" around the hole site and fill with water. Then use a diamond particle "drill" in a Dremel or even an electric...
11
11

Semi-OT: Very thin insulation coating
Folks, We need to coat a very thin stainless steel wire of about 0.004" OD with insulating yet still flexible material of 0.002" thickness. Meaning the ultimate OD with insulation would be about...
18
18