Subject Author Posted Replies

Force LCD monitor "white"/"black"
Hi, Anyone know how the drive to an LCD panel works? Specifically, how one can force the display to appear "all white" or "all black" WITHOUT relying on the electronics already present in the monitor?...
34
34

OT big G
Hi all, just reading a big G article in the latest Physics Today. Kinda fun, if you like that sort of thing. (does that link work?) It's surprising that we still only know this "first" physics...
23
23

TDA2050
Anyone know of a source ? UK preferred, USA OK
12
12

what's this i number, anyhow?
Feynman called Euler's formula: e(exp ix) = cosx + isinx -he called it "the jewel." (FLP V1, ca. ch. 20) I imagine some of you who use this number implicitly, when you learned it in school, had a...
56
56

OT - Any idea how to activate that little button?
go to craigslist and read an offer, button in upper left corner CONTACT or REPLY the button shows up, looks like it deflects when I click on it, but ...nothing! This amchine is Opera 9.64 on Win98SE...
1
1

"Fat Meter" Physics?
I stepped into a pharmacy in a supermarket, and they had a machine where you hold two handles and get a reading of your fat content. I note their is a Wikipedia entry for "Dielectric Spectroscopy."...
4
4

water quality probes and pcb design
Hi. Am building one let's say plc board around dspic. We are almost finish with the schematics part but now i run into one problem. The PCB, among bunch of other stuff, should have inputs for water...
3
3

phase noise of a current starved vco phase noise with LT spice
hello! i am working on DPLL,CSVCO is a part of this,i need help how to determine the phase noise of that VCO with LTSPICE
2
2

Transistor Checker
OK, I pretty much never used one. When the circuit would come alive, the sc ope tells you if a transistor is bad. If not, the DVM or ohmmeter will. (yu p, that old, I know others are older and...
8
8

6#11oz, 20"
6#11oz, 20", our first great-granddaughter... Olivia Lawless... Father: Chris Lawless Mother: Caitlin Coil Lawless, first daughter of our oldest daughter Madeleine and James Coil (Yuma County Judge)....
6
6

[OT] Evaporative cooler, brands other than Champion/Essick?
Folks, The fan motor in our swamp cooler died for the 2nd time, this time it lasted only one year or about 1500 hours. Pathetic. The cooler manufacturer (Essick Air) was unapologetic in both cases,...
72
72

Changing Antarctic winds create new sea level threat
"New research shows projected changes in the winds circling the Antarctic m ay accelerate global sea level rise significantly more than previously esti mated. Changes to Antarctic winds have already...

circuit challenge
I'm looking for a circuit that takes an input voltage and does something like the following: Voltage between 0 and 1 volt - blink LED at 1 Hz. Voltage between 1 and 2 volts - blink LED at 2 Hz. etc.....
43
43

32 Channels
Hi, I am looking for an EEG Chip. The thing is that I want the chip to have atleast 32 channels in one package. Right now, I am using four of ADS1298 chips to get the 32 channels. I want to sample at...
2
2

interesting stuff
10 watts/m-K and 46 kv/mm. It's available in sheets. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
8
8