Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Feel Wonderful Life With Kitchen appliances
I hate digital kitchen appliances. They are annoying and unreliable.
1
1

OT: Very small garage, best fit
Cheers Klaus
20
20

12% Chance Earth Will Be Hit By Devastating Solar Superstorm
4
4

Ceramic chip peak current capacity
Anyone have any guesses or data on what a ceramic chip cap does under huge (non-repetitive) peak currents? (Voltage within ratings.) Can it crack from piezo stress?! Does it not matter? Tim
14
14

OT: Play Democrat.
...Jim Thompson
5
5

S.E.D/Schematics Page Index Updated
Many of the circuits discussed here have had schematics posted to the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website... but were not added to the Index. The Index is not about 50% updated. So you can now find...
1
1

I feel better now
Mannequins must wear Veils. That's a big relief. Mikek

Launching a Smart Home Gas/CO Detector, Suggestions Needed
Hi Everyone, As we all know, natural gas leaks can be incredibly dangerous, and our team wants to do something to help prevent natural gas tragedies. I am creating a home-use smart gas and carbon...
35
35

Ahhh....What a day this was.
It all started 3 days ago when I tried to install some digital cable tv boxes myself. I didn't want to but the local cable operators are going to be shutting down all lower vhf channels on august 11...
4
4

high voltage LEDs
I got a bunch of assorted high-voltage white LEDs, from 6 to 23 volts. They are clearly on at 5 uA in room light, plenty bright at 50-100 uA, blinding at 1 mA. They are all pretty good, but the Seoul...
6
6

Source of standoff kits
I'm looking for a source of #4 and #6 threaded standoffs. F-F and M-F types 1/4 inch up to 1-inch lengths. Prefer to get them in kits. Aluminium is OK for the F-F types but really want steel for the...
7
7

OT: Visual memory program
Is there any program that allows one to literally look at any part of memory? Ideally, treat a part as if it was BMP only forward, not backwards as BMP is? Ideas?
51
51

Google Offers a Million Bucks For a Better Inverter
With the Little Box Challenge, Google (and IEEE, and a few other sponsors like Cree and Rohm) is offering a $1 million prize to the team which can "design and build a kW-scale power inverter with the...
302
302

Kim
3
3

OT: My Culinary Education
With my wife of nearly 55 years in poor health I've taken on some of the cooking duties. Here is my first attempt at Sweet & Sour Pork... It was great ;-) ...Jim Thompson
22
22