Subject Author Posted Replies

risetime in LT Spice
Got a suggestion for making 10/90 risetime measurements in LT Spice? I need to do that a lot, as I tweak other things. I can do it manually on the waveform plot, but that's a nuisance. I have two...
31
31

Interesting power supply
Seems to be just a full-bridge rectifier and capacitor voltage divider. Just wondering how well it works: How much current can you get out of it? It says 25A rectifier, but not sure about output...
18
18

200nH inductor from PCBA traces
I need a 1ADC, 200nH inductor crammed into a tiny section of the board. This will be to filter the fine spikes off a 5V flyback output. Chip inductors cant be used due to extreme high temperatures >>...
10
10

Release Spray for Superglue
I am winding some flat coils out of fine wire and need to hold the windings in place as I go with beads of superglue. Does anyone know of a spray or coating that I can use on the substrate to prevent...
11
11

(cheap) 'scope probes
Hi, I rescued a TDS749D and am looking for suggestions for a "cheap" set of probes. I don't use/need a 'scope often (I tend to use a logic analyzer for troubleshooting) so not keen on putting much...
12
12

corn
We roast corn in the husk. Snip the loose stuff off the end with scissors and pull off any really loose leaves. Rinse. Bake at 450F for 40 minutes. Let it cool a few minutes and pull back the husks to...
17
17

Help Given phase noise in a source, what is the effect?
How do you do this... Given a 1kHz oscillator that has 1 degree rms of gaussian phase noise, what is the effect? For example, if I put the oscillator's output into a spectrum analyzer, what should the...
60
60

Minimum hfe
I'm designing a simple circuit for use in the 3rd world. The circuit will b e built from random electronic scrap. There's a darlington pair class A sta ge where I need to know the minimum hfe we can...
72
72

Russian Bombers 50 miles off California coast
Why? Mikek
20
20

LTspice question
Either simple or impossible, I think... I have a circuit with several identical sections. I use parameters for the component values, eg {Rg} etc and use .param Rg = 12k etc. This works fine, of...
4
4

I don't want meals, I want INGREDIENTS
Looking at magnet wire offerings, I find to my disgust that DigiKey offers two gauges, in 1kg quantity, of magnet wire. The local fabric/crafts shop has a better selection of enameled copper wire...
11
11

free book on lock-ins
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
31
31

Runny but fast-cure conductive epoxy?
Folks, Need to contact thin litz wire strands to 0.001" gold bond wires. Yes, no kidding, 1mil. Soldering is iffy because the gold wires vaporize above 500F ... poof ... gone. Can anyone recommend a...
72
72

Some results of desulphating lead acid batteries
Some results of desulphating lead acid batteries. After trying the flyback impulse method with load at the same time, it looked like I killed the battery. Also the whole house was smelling of acid......

First experience with lifepo4 AAA cells
First experience with lifepo4 AAA cells These cells give abut 3.47 V when full, so if you have a device that uses 2 normal AAA, then you can use one of these and a dummy (read shorted) battery for the...
6
6