Subject Author Posted Replies

New Behavioral Spice Model Posted
A convenient element to approximate input-referred noise in an OpAmp Spice model. Just insert in series with one input, set en (noise floor) & Fn (1/F corner). See... InputReferredNoise.zip on the...
1
1

where to buy inexpensive test lab supplies?
Wow, I posted a question on buying caps and received several Digikey recommendations. These caps at $.18 ea for 5 quantity. Yeah, that's good, thank you. BUT!!! for ten test leads to cost $100 seems a...
19
19

climate humor
"We have been building models and there are now robust contradictions," says Liu, a professor in the UW-Madison Center for Climatic Research. "Data from observation says global cooling. The physical...
102
102

Two (three?) pin, inline power connectors
Hi, I'm looking for some in-line connectors suitable for carrying power (a few amps at perhaps a few dozen volts). Indoor use. But, I want them to be idiot proof and easily mated/separated. WITHOUT...
29
29

Suggestion for cheap network analyzer / impedance analyzer
Hey We have a hp network / impedance analyzer at work and it's great. We need another that can be used for more mobile uses. I have tried the bod e 100 and it's decent But, any suggestion for possibly...
45
45

OT: HTML printer driver
Can anyone point to a virtual printer where I can print to HMTL format while preserving formatting? This is for Windows 7. I have come across a PDF to HTML but that adds another step to the process....
7
7

Stiff osc source on the reflective properties of an ultrasonic transducer
I have an ultrasonic transducer that I am driving in pulsed mode from a fai rly stiff opamp source. The result being that when V=GND after transmitti ng the pulse there is almost no trace of ringing...
8
8

Can a high power (1W) laser permanently damage a traffic camera sensor?
Just curious as to whether someone shining a 1W laser (IR to Blue wavelength) into the lens of something like a speed camera would cause permanent damage to it.
43
43

Plasti-Dip et al.
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for plasti-dip types of "dip" products available in the US market. Just for personal use. Interested in first-hand observations as to durability, etc. Everything from...
21
21

Single chip NMRI with permanent magnets...
Single chip NMRI with permanent magnets...

And after al the electron beam deflection in TVs you think you know it all...
Electrons in magnetic field reveal surprises: Cyclonic movements...
2
2

Analog division, current conveyors and SPICE
Could some analog/SPICE guru please help ? I am running SPICE simulations on current conveyors, focusing analog computation. Specifically, I am examining in detail analog division. I am referring to...
4
4

Oscilloscopes
Hi I have just started in electronics and have started to think about getti ng an oscilloscope. I don't have enough money for the $400 digital oscillos copes. My family does not have a lot of money...
19
19

Sound localization with Raspberry pi
I want to use the RPI to process the incoming data from five crystal microphones in order to obtain the direction of arrival of sound so that i can steer a camera mounted on two servos to that...
10
10

TransAcoustic Technology
Unbelievable instrument, and top dollar too:
4
4