Subject Author Posted Replies

Schematic? Test points?
Here is a listing from an old DOS Spice file. How do i get LTSpice to show the schematic, so that i can probe,etc? VREF+MOSFET reg (25V ref) *.OPTIONS ACCT LIST NODE OPTS NUMDGT=6 RELTOL=0.00001...
4
4

Mark 4 E-meter
Theoretical design, one goal was to remove need for tweaking. Version 4 SHEET 1 1400 708 WIRE 1232 -240 1168 -240 WIRE 1232 -224 1232 -240 WIRE -384 -208 -512 -208 WIRE 224 -208 -384 -208 WIRE 432...

Fireplace of doom
My friend moved into a new apartment with a 1920s era electric fireplace. It's in bad shape and I advised her not to use it...some wiseguy apparently replaced the bulbs with neon flicker flame bulbs...
8
8

OT: Immaculate Transformation.
OT: Immaculate Transformation: Anyone noticed this besides me... Take a Black Thug Gets shot by a white cop Black Thug is now transformed into a Choir Boy (By the media, of course.) ...Jim Thompson
90
90

Analog Switch
Anyone know of an analog switch that can handle -6V to +11V inputs (low current, high Ron OK), +/-12V supplies? ...Jim Thompson
10
10

Multiple monitors
Hi, In the past, I've configured each *pair* of workstations in my work area to support a pair of 4:3 monitors, side by side -- using the A/B switches in the monitors themselves to select between...
99
99

OT: Saturday morning laugh.
...Jim Thompson
3
3

Mixed Square Waves Filtered vs. Sinewaves
What is the difference in terms of frequency content between the following two composite signals? 1. Squarewaves at 50, 75 and 150Hz, mixed and then low pass filtered as one to resemble, as best as...
44
44

Re: Is there a theorem about the anti-GBW of a filter, for some given amount of reactive energy?
"Jim Thompson" wrote in message news: ^^^ Or if you follow the expressions, how much attenuation per reactive energy storage (inductors and capacitors). Tim
8
8

OT: CARabunga!
Americans currently owe more than $800 billion against their cars and trucks ? 34% of this debt is owed by people with subprime credit. Another 10% is owed by "deep subprime" ? folks with credit...
14
14

Testing the 20 meter inductive loop antenna
The floor is concrete, and there is iron in it I am sure. To get SWR down I will have to move the tap (white lead from coax) further I think. First I tried 2 end caps with plastic bag in-between as...
9
9

Randomiser circuit from John Fields
I've just received the following email asking about a 9 year old thread. ==================== Hello. Found one old thread - Do You have "the Random ON/OFF Timer Circuit", if yes, can You please send...
9
9

fast high-voltage diodes
It's interesting that nearly all "fast recovery" HV diodes spec Trr at 50 ns. That goes for single-junction 1KV diodes and higher-voltage stacks. And the 50 ns is either specified as typ or as max. I...
31
31

Biasing Op Amp for GND to Minus Rail Operation
Could someone please tell me the correct way to operate this circuit from a 0V (GND) to minus 12V supply? It works fine between 0V to positive 12V. I suspect the DC offset of the input signal needs to...
8
8

Re: Free MultiSim
On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:12:21 -0400) it happened Neon John wrote in : But it requires you to buy microsoft bloatware. So that is a nono.
18
18