Subject Author Posted Replies

Source for loud speakers
A while back someone posted a url for a company that sells loud speakers in a topic that was not directly related to loud speakers. I should have boo kmarked the page as I can not find it now. I would...
6
6

1 kW RF power LDMOS destruction test by bad SWR
1 kW RF power LDMOS destruction test by bad SWR
26
26

Intel Atom: pros/cons/hazzards?
Hi, I've rescued a couple of Atom-based SBC's. Essentially diskless workstations. Am I correct in assuming these are just "yet-another-x86"? Are there any downsides/upsides/problems to watch for when...
219
219

100s of ceramics in parallel for big capacitance
Is there anything wrong (besides it getting really expensive) in putting 100's of little surface mount ceramic capacitors in parallel in order to achieve a high voltage high capacitance rating? Thanks
35
35

tinychip Headers

Proto board manufactueres that do **THICK** Boards
Hi, anyone had any good (or bad) experience with proto board sources that can do 8mm (5/16") thick boards? I've got one quote, but it seems pretty high- and I'm not that impressed with the (US based)...
10
10

Where does the money go
As I have said here before I'm paying $7,700 for health insurance. An inferior* Obamacare policy costs $13,700**. So BCBS gets an extra $6,000, But does not pay out any more money in benefits. I...
188
188

Tinychip IRC
1
1

simulating button press
Hi. is there any way to simulate 3 button presses with just one press ? I want to simulate button press on some standard mobile phone and to do this i was planning to pull the lines from the mobile...
6
6

Beyond bizarre mystery HP 204c ailment
I am in the process of refurbing a HP 204C audio oscillator with its NiCad power supply option. Amazingly, the ancient NiCads seem to still work. Or at least pretend they do. They DIRECTLY form the +6...
18
18

Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard?
Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard for your prototypes? If not, what do you use for your prototypes? TIA.
154
154

TinyCPLD
3
3

PSTN Authentication
Hi, I'm looking for ideas on how to provide (reasonable) authentication over the PSTN. CID is too readily spoofed (usually by the very folks that you want to "avoid"!). A simple scheme might be to use...
71
71

OT: Domain Services is still at it
They send you a notice about a year before expiation, saying QUOTE Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer...
2
2

solar panel on sealed lead acid battery
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using a solar power "maintainer" on a sealed lead acid battery? I have this battery and was thinking about buying this Solar Battery Maintainer...
19
19