Subject Author Posted Replies

Code Help
is there anything less memory consuming than this: typedef struct color { uint8_t R; uint8_t G; uint8_t B; } typedef struct Voxel { PxMaterial mVmat; bool vxl_mask[4096]; color vxl_color[4096]; };...
4
4

Memory problem
is there anything better than this code below? typedef struct color { uint8_t R; uint8_t G; uint8_t B; } typedef struct Voxel { PxMaterial mVmat; bool vxl_mask[4096]; color vxl_color[4096]; }; note:...
1
1

STOP ALS CHALLENGE.
How many more must die because of this stupid challenge, it has done more harm than good, stop it already ! This story also proves my believe that water and electricity don't mix well ;). It also...
2
2

Calculating Wire Length for Spiral Coil
I need to wind a spiral (pancake) coil from 0.4mm enamel wire. The ID is 20mm and the OD is 150mm. What is the procedure for caluculating the length of wire needed? I am not a math wizz, so an example...
8
8

Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors
Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors, so large a file to E-mail, I put it up on my website so you can download it... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
98
98

>90% Efficienct Buck Regulator (24V to 5V)
Hi So previously I have used this 24V to 5V regulator with integrated synchronous FETs from Richtek: It is a nice part, has close to 90% efficiency at 24V input and 2A load, costs about 30 cents But,...
20
20

"Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Widlar - Anybody Has This Book?
Hello everyone, Has anybody read the book "Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Robert J. Widlar (Bob Widlar)? I am enthused by the comments about this book by Bo Lojek, (author of History of...
27
27

Punching "Nylon" Wall Plates
I have some blank wall outlet cover plates, claiming to be "nylon". Do you think I could punch a hole thru one of these with a chassis punch, or is it likely to shatter? ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
34
34

silicon oscillators
Has anyone used silicon oscillators? I'd like to stock a few SOT-23 oscillators to replace quartz crystal oscillators for non-critical stuff. Something cheap, of course.
17
17

New Simulation Tool Posted to my Website
LogicStepTable.pdf on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website. Simulate a uP/uC stepping control signals into your Analog circuitry. You just set VH and VL to your liking, fill in the blanks...

Releasing new version of freq_pi for raspi
Releasing new version of freq_pi for Raspbery Pi Released under the GPL license. This version has a frequencty sweep mode. Range is from very low audio kHz to very high VHF MHz. You can set start,...
4
4

Snap one grid of points to a new grid
Somewhat off topic, but maybe someone here knows a "numerically inexpensive" way to do this: I have (x,y,z) data - about 1.6 million points. (maybe more) The (x,y) is somewhat regularly spaced...
21
21

cool AlN things
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
15
15

Computer chips sending out radio (electromagnetic?) waves.
Hello, For security reasons I recommend computer chips are observed, tested, and "wave sampled" or so, and further analyzed to see if they are not leaking "too much" radio (electro?) (magnetic?)...
21
21

LT1010 rail splitter not splitting
Hello, I'm trying to use the LT1010 to make a +/- 2.5V rail out of a 5V sup ply. There's a simple circuit for this in the datasheet, but I wired it up, two 100K resistors in series and the center...
31
31