Subject Author Posted Replies

Chemistry- Rust Remover
I have found amazing results with Wink rust remover. The directions say avoid contact on any surface not stated in the directions. Then its says, clothes, carpet and white sinks and toilets, white is...
38
38

OT: What is this fastener called...
OT: What is this fastener called... And where do I get it in metal with ~1/8" loop? (I need to hang some wire baskets on the wall.) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations...
9
9

Calculating mW/m2 from dB
What is the mathematical relationship between dB and mW/m2? Can someone please give an example, such as: -10dB = 10mW = X mW/m2 How is distance from the source be factored in? Is anyone aware of a...
30
30

SMT vs thru-hole connector mechanical strength
Hi, "Guidance" (rules-of-thumb) for relative mechanical strength of connectors fastened to PCB *solely* by their electrical contacts (no metal shells, swaged protrusions, etc.) in terms of stresses...
18
18

250 Watt 1GHz resistor
250 Watt 50 Ohm 1GHz resistor: Needed a dummy load, found this, cheap, but look at the size, compared to the TO220 next to it! I wonder....
41
41

Ping: Robert Baer BOMcheck Q
Rob are you using a super user on BOM check? And are ther any Material Declarations availble from other Manufactures on it, or do you have to up load everything? I'm imagining I can just pull down a...
2
2

EMC Bilog Antenna
Anyone know of a inexpensive Bilog 30m to 1G EMC antenna? DIY maybe? THe LISN I threw together wound up to be fairly acurate when compaired to test lab results. So maybe there is DIY BiLog out there...
5
5

Re: BASH vulnerability CVE-2014-6271
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 04:59:58 +0300, Henry Crun Gave us: Ubuntu is an open source software operating system that runs from the desktop, to the cloud, to all your internet connected things.
12
12

Cordarrelle Patterson hasn't lobbied for more carries
Minnesota's Cordarrelle Patterson was one of the juiciest stories coming ou t of Week 1 after the freakishly athletic wideout tortured the Rams with th ree carries for 102 yards on the ground. In the...
1
1

Tinychip is growing!
come join us: we have plenty of designs: tinychip tinychip USB tinychip explorer tinychip headers

74hc595 shift registers, what am I doing wrong?
I have a project where I'm using 74HC595 shift registers. I can hook them u p in either a 3-chip or 6-chip configuration. I'm driving them with a raspb erry pi. They're driven with three pins: data,...
52
52

Protel 99SE - whats the process for printing artwork called?
Trying to knock out a board on 99SE. To print the artwork you need to start a process that lets you set up layers, mirroring and holes etc. I vaguely remember customizing the menu and adding a process...
1
1

How safe are websites that require credit card info?
Is it safe to give credit card information to trusted websites using a computer with no firewall or virus protection? I spoke with the bank and they claimed any bad transactions would be resolved in...
82
82

mac addresses
Anybody got a small block of mac addresses for sale? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
10
10

Thermal insulators "Phase Change Material"
I am trying to use some Laird Tpcm 580 Series thermal isolators between TO-247s and an al heat sink. See attached The To-247 packs are 0.198" thick and I am using a double layer of 5810 material which...
11
11