Subject Author Posted Replies

problem in SPICE
Adding in R20 is to protect Q1 from overvoltage from the CCL (3K). I properly see little gain loss up to 800 ohms. But at 900 ohms, =*paff*= major decrease. And i do not see any other large change....
13
13

Equipment donation valuations
Hi, I've been downsizing and donating a fair bit of test equipment to local schools, etc. Usually, all you get by way of a "receipt" is an acknowledgement of your donation. No "valuation" placed on it...
10
10

wire for breadboarding
Somebody here recommended Beldsol thermal-strip magnet wire for breadboarding. I got a 1/2 pound spool of Belden 8055, $25 on ebay, which is 30 AWG. That looks pretty good for general prototyping. If...
28
28

OT: Hackintosh
Hi, Neighbor was "taking delight" in showing me his new Mac, tonight. Having not used one since '040 days, I am relatively clueless as to its abilities, etc. Nor am I eager to "become expert" (or even...
29
29

help with Xcode
note: im writeing a OS my compile claims this code faulty: typedef char* string; typedef string* screen; typedef unsigned char uint8_t; typedef unsigned short uint16_t; typedef unsigned int uint32_t;...
4
4

Tinychip Explorer (onboard GPS!)

OT: Biscotti/cantucci
Hi, Biscotti == cookie (loosely speaking). Americans think of: when confronted with the term. And, there are all sorts of (perverse!) variations on that theme. Growing up in an Italian-American...
8
8

Code Help
is there anything less memory consuming than this: typedef struct color { uint8_t R; uint8_t G; uint8_t B; } typedef struct Voxel { PxMaterial mVmat; bool vxl_mask[4096]; color vxl_color[4096]; };...
4
4

Memory problem
is there anything better than this code below? typedef struct color { uint8_t R; uint8_t G; uint8_t B; } typedef struct Voxel { PxMaterial mVmat; bool vxl_mask[4096]; color vxl_color[4096]; }; note:...
1
1

STOP ALS CHALLENGE.
How many more must die because of this stupid challenge, it has done more harm than good, stop it already ! This story also proves my believe that water and electricity don't mix well ;). It also...
2
2

Calculating Wire Length for Spiral Coil
I need to wind a spiral (pancake) coil from 0.4mm enamel wire. The ID is 20mm and the OD is 150mm. What is the procedure for caluculating the length of wire needed? I am not a math wizz, so an example...
8
8

Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors
Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors, so large a file to E-mail, I put it up on my website so you can download it... ...Jim Thompson
98
98

>90% Efficienct Buck Regulator (24V to 5V)
Hi So previously I have used this 24V to 5V regulator with integrated synchronous FETs from Richtek: It is a nice part, has close to 90% efficiency at 24V input and 2A load, costs about 30 cents But,...
20
20

"Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Widlar - Anybody Has This Book?
Hello everyone, Has anybody read the book "Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Robert J. Widlar (Bob Widlar)? I am enthused by the comments about this book by Bo Lojek, (author of History of...
27
27

Punching "Nylon" Wall Plates
I have some blank wall outlet cover plates, claiming to be "nylon". Do you think I could punch a hole thru one of these with a chassis punch, or is it likely to shatter? ...Jim Thompson
34
34