Subject Author Posted Replies

Question regarding switch simulation.
Hi. I have one handheld barcode scanner that is activated on button press. Now the problem is this button press because i need that the scanner is activated only when someone puts some barcode in...
6
6

Plasma transistor
Have you heard of plasma transistors?: University of Utah. (2014, March 20). Tiny transistors for extreme environs: Engineers shrink plasma devices to resist radiation. ScienceDaily: Quote: "......
15
15

Car battery matching with alternator
I wonder what you think about the following problem: A car's battery needs to be replaced but the exact capacity battery is not available, though smaller or larger ones are. My feeling is that the...
38
38

Hacking the MSP8 switch and the MSP controller by AMX
Just picked up a few of these at an auction and they look like they would be ideal for certain remote Raspberry Pi projects. Are the data formats published anywhere for these POE devices, or are they...
3
3

Doubt in working RC differentiator
Hey, I am a beginner in electronics , Will the RC differentiator... differentiate like in mathematics Is THIS possible Vi = sin2wt , Vo = 2cos2wt .. mathematically differentiation of sin2wt will give...
6
6

Photovoltaic voltage regulation with power storage for DIY hydrogen generation cell
Hi, I am trying to design a voltage regulator that takes the input from a photo voltaic cell and provides a steady voltage output for a hydrogen generation cell. Short circuit values: Voltage: 21.24V...
20
20

Re: We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in the California redwoods
dpb wrote, on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:22:06 -0500: I'm forwarding all this to the owner. The only thing I can say is that it "seems" sturdy when we're both on it, and that's almost 500 pounds of people...

Rectifier Schottkies in parallel
Hello, many Schottky rectifier diodes contain two diodes within a single package, usually with the cathodes connected. Does it make sense to connect the anodes too in order to get a diode which can...
22
22

A solar cell is a photonic fuel cell
Random physics analogy of the day: First, semiconductor PN junctions. They store charge under forward bias [current]. Under reverse bias, that charge gets sucked out the terminals, and then the...
10
10

Promotional Caps and Hats Distributor in UK
We offer custom flat peak caps, branded caps, custom fitted hats, promotional caps with your logo imprinted for your promotional marketing at low cost. For more details visit us @

What time is it?
I have 3 cell phones, and one of them is an hour early. AFAIK it is impossible to reset these damn things.
25
25

TeraNews a terror again..
Seems to be down again, about since yesterday. Has others seen this also? Since aoie severely limits length of a posting, is there any other free or cheep-cheep NG server (that does binaries for SED)?
4
4

Muxing I2C question
I have an application where I have 8 identical I2C devices that I cannot change the address on. I need to talk to all 8 in sequence and considering a 1:8 MUX. I'm pondering if I need to MUX both the...
2
2

ÏÚæÉ áãäÊÏíÇÊ äæÑ ÇáÃäíãíÇÊ

Branson ultrasonic power supply
I was given one. It is good for 400 watts at 20 khz. No schematic and no transducer. Looking on Ebay, there are a bunch of transducers for higher frequencies at prices that are low enough to buy for...
7
7