Subject Author Posted Replies

Now its getting really dangerous
Now its getting really dangerous: No more buttons...
34
34

Multiple stacked pots + switches with 1 to 2" shafts?
Once upon a time, a long time ago in the daze of tubes (remember, 2 WATT carbon AB pots), there were a few pot makers that made "kits" where one could stack one pot above another and drive them with a...
3
3

PWM motor drive and slow-down speed
If you run a DC motor off one of those dealextreme PWM motor controllers, and you turn the pot to "slow", does the motor "coast" down in RPM? Application is for a variable-speed Leslie speaker.
8
8

Silicon Labs Digital Isolation, lifetime
Hi For a new design, I am considering the Silicon Labs Digital Isolation IF IC Si8421: They state long lifetime, 60 years at 400VRMS. Anyone have practical experience with this IC series, specifically...
6
6

30V from 24V
Hi, all, I have a measurement application (finding blood spots in hen's eggs) for which I need to pulse a 20W white LED at a couple of kilohertz. No problem there. Thing is, it needs about 28 V at 700...
145
145

OT: name of hammer style
Hi, I'm looking for the name of a particular style of hammer. One end consist of a large flat(-ish) surface about 1.5" diameter. In cross section, it looks like the head of a nail. I.e., a wide...
11
11

Thermo-Electric Generator - TEC1-12706
I am looking at powering a very low power device from a TEG and can't find hard data on the I-V characteristics. I found one graph someone posted of his own measurements where it looks like the...
6
6

High Fructose Corn Syrup?
6
6

Is this Intel i7 machine good for LTSpice?
Folks, Need to spiff up my simulation speeds here. IIRC Mike Engelhardt stated that the Intel i7 is a really good processor for LTSPice. According to this it looks like the 4790 is the fastest of the...
215
215

Disk imaging strategy
Hi, I'm writing a bit of code to image disk contents REGARDLESS OF THE FILESYSTEM(s) contained thereon. This doesn't have to be "ideal" (defined as "effortless", "minimal image size", etc.) but should...
103
103

SPICE VS real life..
The comments in each simulation sez it all. Real life frequencies rather different than simulation. Waveforms not too far off. Comments as to why the discrepancy?
86
86

new energy source
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
37
37

Problem with controlling a gaussian white noise source's characteristics, help!
Anybody have any inkling of what is going on here? trying to make a simple 1/f gaussian white noise source that has an intercept at F0, this case approx 100Hz. I have the pdf and white noise source,...
10
10

Inside my Yamaha piano
This was built in about the year 2000. What do people make of the use of multiple separate wires instead of ribbon cable (of which there is some)? Sylvia.
61
61

Even North Korea is Laughing at This Stupidity
Welding over stress fractures is called "modifying." And the rocket did not explode accidentally, it was commanded to self- destruct when it became apparent the launch was failing.
9
9