Subject Author Posted Replies

Running GPIB Interface
First after reading this can you recommend a more appropriate group? Forum? I have a program that was running on a Windows 98 computer, it died. The program controls an HP 3330B Automatic Synthesizer...
24
24

Back to back Jfets
A while ago Phil Hobbs mentioned a jfet with 'interchangeable' drain and source. I am wondering how much different that would be compared to if you got 2 jfets (call them Q1 and Q2) and connected Q1...
26
26

Film caps in vacuum environment
Anyone have any idea of the suitability or not of using X2 film caps in a vacuum environment [~0.6mBAR]? Can't seem to find anything on Epcos or Vishay datasheets. No replies to emails to their apps...
14
14

What is the mystery behind "white light led light from 1.5 Volt AA battery"
Could some electronics guru please shed some light on this ? Several Web sites(please check list below) have schematics and flashy color photographs of single white led light powered off a single 1.5...
12
12

You think we are here for a purpose? Yes... humiliation!
Open it with your net browser. This one is pretty complete. Most of them I find on the net have been edited. Some add "Your mom" at the end. I feel REALLY small. You should too.

OT: html Clean-up ??
I have some documentation written in html notation, and it's full of such stuff as... – ±   −   etc. It's a _huge_ document, so I'm wondering if there's some simple way to replace these html...
8
8

gate driver
I need a mosfet gate driver, to drive two n-fets in a half-bridge (totem pole) config, 5 volts nom in, with some sort of bootstrap for the upper fet gate. Switcher output will be around 2.5 volts at 5...
13
13

Reducing Copper Trance Resistances, ideas?
Hi We are running 25A in copper traces in a frequency inverter. I have reduced the power dissipation of the traces by increasing the copper thickness from 70u to 105u and increased the widht of the...
54
54

OT: health benefits of drinking raw milk
Hi, Raw milk is healthier than pasteurized milk according to this new study: cheers, Jamie
91
91

Cartoon
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
43
43

Wire bonding gold on pcb
So I was sending out a little prototype pcb to advanced circuits. I need to be able to wire bond to the pcb pads. And the wire bonding guy I talked with said to get gold. Well there's more than one...
18
18

A 2.4GHz to 1.5 GHz down converter layout, and VCO internals.
A 2.4GHz to 1.5 GHz down converter Channel 9 Wifi wireless access point spectrum: WiFi channel 9 should be around 2452 MHz, and that is where I find it. Cool. This version of the xpsa spectrum...

Can you measure a floating voltage with a differential ADC
Can you take a "fully differential" ADC, like the LTC2442, and measure a fl oating voltage reliably with it? Or are things going to drift and get unpre dictable? I have an LTC2442 Dev board, and in...
6
6

Optically Coupled MOSFet ??
Does anyone make an optically coupled MOSFet, Ron around 25 Ohms? All I can find are relay equivalent devices with loads of capacitance. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
6
6

optical question
We will be firing up a semiconductor laser, at a couple of watts optical output, around 1500 nm. The output will be small diameter and well collimated, so it will be dangerous. We can bolt our driver...
46
46