Subject Author Posted Replies

flow battery with water soluble, non metal reactants
Hi, Here's a link to a paper on a flow battery with non toxic water soluble reactants, apparently 10 times cheaper to manufacture than lithium batteries. I guess to make it even simpler they could...
4
4

Vds Monitor
I am designing a circuit to monitor Vds (0 to 4.0V) during "on" time of high side FETs. The Si-C diodes (D1,2) are not sharing equal current in this circuit; will they allow +/-3% reading accuracy?...
4
4

Attractive Optical Forces from Blackbody Radiation
Hi, What is special about black body radiation to cause it to generate Stark shift's and an attractive force in nearby atoms? cheers, Jamie
2
2

high-quality cylindrical ceramic insulator
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
10
10

Connectors on hierarchical schematics
I never feel that I get this right -- so I'm going to ask you guys to tell me what you do and why. I suspect I'll still feel dissatisfied, and never do the same thing twice. But who knows? Maybe one...
16
16

Interesting question on sci.engr.control
Title says it -- there's an interesting and on-topic question on the usually-moribund I'd love it if that group came to life again, so feel free to go look! (I told the guy to post it there OR to...
22
22

2.5 digit bcd to 8 bit encoding?
So 0.00 to 3.99 to 8bit and then via simple 8bit RS232. The data is well behaved , just going up or down slowly. As limited to hardware conversion/encoding at the sensor end (pc at the other so no...
53
53

new natural gas power plant design
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
67
67

OT: Joke.
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
2
2

Asimov Asks "How People Get New Ideas"
This is previously unpublished work from 1959. I thought you guys might like it. It's about 1600 words. ChesterW
124
124

Pyrography
Hello. Did any of you worked on pyrograph construction? So, a not interested in the version with PC power supply ( maybe as last option ). I'm interested in to make this with some 24/10A transformer....
10
10

laser used in metal 3D printer
Hi, Here is an upcoming metal 3D printer that uses a laser for melting metal powder layer by layer: Any idea on what type or even part# of laser this uses? There are a couple spots in the video with a...
25
25

Re: U.S. Using Fake Cell Towers On Planes To Gather Cell Phone Data
Let's just re-iterate your point and mine. Your point is that a fake tower "can" impersonate a carrier tower. I don't think anyone on the planet doubts that point, and clearly I don't doubt it either....
1
1

OT: Are you being rejected for rental space?
Are you being rejected for rental space? If you failed to pay your rent in a timely manner, your landlord has the right to file a lawsuit named Unlawful Detainer. Do you know that the complaint for...
21
21

terrible Analog Devices data sheet
This is awful: It's still Rev 0, from 2003. The only associated appnote is from 1989! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att...
6
6