Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Joke.
...Jim Thompson
2

Asimov Asks "How People Get New Ideas"
This is previously unpublished work from 1959. I thought you guys might like it. It's about 1600 words. ChesterW
124
124

Pyrography
Hello. Did any of you worked on pyrograph construction? So, a not interested in the version with PC power supply ( maybe as last option ). I'm interested in to make this with some 24/10A transformer....
10
10

laser used in metal 3D printer
Hi, Here is an upcoming metal 3D printer that uses a laser for melting metal powder layer by layer: Any idea on what type or even part# of laser this uses? There are a couple spots in the video with a...
25
25

Re: U.S. Using Fake Cell Towers On Planes To Gather Cell Phone Data
Let's just re-iterate your point and mine. Your point is that a fake tower "can" impersonate a carrier tower. I don't think anyone on the planet doubts that point, and clearly I don't doubt it either....
1
1

OT: Are you being rejected for rental space?
Are you being rejected for rental space? If you failed to pay your rent in a timely manner, your landlord has the right to file a lawsuit named Unlawful Detainer. Do you know that the complaint for...
21
21

terrible Analog Devices data sheet
This is awful: It's still Rev 0, from 2003. The only associated appnote is from 1989! http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADCMP567.pdf
6
6

(LT SPICE ) i need hlep
Hi my problem is hoe i can find Q-point of amplifier mosfet
1
1

A 2.4GHz to 1.5 GHz down converter layout, and VCO internals.
As the LO in the down converter is clearly stable, as this picture shows: the instability in the QAM constellation must originate in the transmitter. As the transmitter is OK at 1.5 GHz, it must be in...

really funny
The entire world economy will soon consist of everyone selling everyone else apps.
37
37

climate: cool video
1
1

RoHS & NOS Parts
What's the situation with RoHS rules and NOS parts, ie from pre-RoHS, and also used parts post RoHS? On gov uk site I didnt find the content of the relevant legislation. We could sell quite a lot if...
10
10

multi-stage Voltage multiplier output voltage instability
I have a X10 half wave voltage multiplier simular to this one. The input is 200Vp-p at 50KHz signwave. The output is ~2kV. It is constructed with NPO caps of 33uF each and Cree 1A 600V SiC diodes. I...
30
30

OT: "Better all the Time" essay in the New Yorker and US teacher training.
The November 10 2014 copy of The New Yorker has a "critic at large" essay from James Surowiecki. It starts off on the training regimes of elite athlete's, which have become much more sophisticated and...
33
33

PIC24 USB suspend current
I've posted this on a Microchip forum, but I thought I'd see whether anyone here knows the answer. I'm using a PIC24FJ64GB004 family MCU. Is there any way of getting this MCU to consume no more than...
1
1