Subject Author Posted Replies

UPS constraints
Hi, I want to site a larger (2-3 KVA) UPS in the garage as a convenience for the occasional outages we have, here. Currently, I relocate the smaller ~1KVA units to handle small loads -- replacing each...
37
37

ECT Schematic
Anyone ever seen a teardown/service manual of one of these? chines/

PIC24F clock switching issues
This is just a winge, really. I'm using a PIC24F that supports USB. It has an errata list as long as your arm, and already includes two issues related to switching between clock sources. One basically...
37
37

DDS wisdom
Hi, all, I have a gig coming in that will have me revisiting my thesis research from nearly 30 years ago, on interferometric laser microscopes. (Fun.) Back in the day, I made a nulling-type phase...
152
152

Probably trivial, but I'm a programmer - not a ee
I'm building an electro-mechanical doorbell as a gift. An arduino controls 4 servos which actuate 4 mallets on 4 chimes to play a melody. I have the arduino and servos operating as expected,...
70
70

Recommended Custom Magnetics Supplier
Hi We are currently using a danish supplier of custom magnetics, ranging from small flyback E core type transformers to big toroid common mode chokes, sourced from the far east. The price of the...
3
3

Op-amp voltage offset cancellation
Combination of one fast op-amp with large slew rate and large voltage offse t with one op-amp with small slew rate and small voltage offset and low pas s filter can be used for amplification input AC...

semiconductor drift
We have two 8-channel waveform generators that were shipped 4 months ago, and came back because the customer ordered too many or something. We routinely test anything that comes back, before returning...
52
52

idea for statistical correlation telescope with no optics
Hi, I think it is possible to build a telescope that can distinguish light sources and their properties based solely on statistics and correlating basic properties of the detected light over a period...
30
30

(K) coupling factor measurement
For you folks with an inductance meter with four leads, (Kelvin setup), coupling factor (K) between two cores is a simple measurement; Using the well known formula, K = M/sqrt(Lp*Ls), Measure Lp and...
1
1

breakthrough research
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
24
24

Website Update
Behavioral_Comparators.zip has been added to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...

Check This Distortion-Free Notch Filter
I found this filter concept in an old magazine. It claims to be a distortion-free 50Hz notch. I am looking for a design that will filter 50Hz from a EKG type signal with no phase distortion. Does the...
20
20

Cmos Battery/Clock
Well I've received my M48T86PC1 Cmos Clock Lithium Battery as a gift from China, according to the custom declaration. It is an ST microelectronics part, my concern is the manufacturing date. The Chip...
23
23

TEC's as heaters @ 60 - 70 C
I got around to testing a whole bunch of laser diodes, which we tune to the 780 nm line of Rubidium. A number of them (~10-20%) have a long wavelength, and I'll have to cool them to T < 10 C*. I'm a...
24
24