Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Modern day equivalent to sendmail?
Is there a modern day equivalent to sendmail? My Eudora E-mail client can run an executable upon command of an incoming filter match. I simply want to send an E-mail saying "E-mail received from..."...
19
19

Semi OT:
How the F does one disassemble an XBOX 360? All the "manuals" i found on Google are nothing more than "user" warning blather.
14
14

Trabalhos acadêmicos
3
3

PLL, measuring spurs etc
PLL, measuring spurs etc: I tested fractional mode on the ebay ADF4350 evaluation board. I wanted dBc (relative to main carrier), did some coding on my xpsa spectrum analyzer. could well be wrong, but...

OT: O'Bama new immigrant policy has exposed his TRUE country..
President Obama's new immigration policy has brought out the real truth of his background. He is actually Irish: O'Bama. From Los Angeles Times Dec 7, 2014 There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegal...
3
3

any FREE finite element analyses SW for anlayzing acoustics?
There are a myriad of free PC Tools out there for circuit simulation, magnetic field, RF/Microwave, etc. are there any free FEA for acoustics? I have an unusal situation where the structure will model...
19
19

Data Sheet Annoyance
Is this an attempt to obfuscate... figuring that everyone is a dummy and doesn't know De Morgan's theorems? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
16
16

OT: Power outage.
Just got to the end of a power outage that lasted about eight hours. The power company's recorded message progressively said that the estimated time for repair was 4:30pm, 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm, 11pm. The...
50
50

LT Parts to Stock Lab - Recommendations
I have been using LTSpice and would like to have on hand a selection of LT parts. The type of circuits I build relate to signal generation, amplification and processing; all analog and in the range of...
3
3

OT: Honest Analysis of Solar Power
Anyone know where I might find an honest ROI analysis of solar power? Everything I find is baloney-nosed in favor of the writer's point of view. I suspect that solar, if you take away subsidies and...
227
227

PCB type USB connector burn through
PCB type USB connector burn through I have the RTL 2832U E4000 DVB-T tuner in use as receiver for spectrum analysr etc. End less problems with bad contacts in the USB connector. Had a look with a...
20
20

DDS sort of related thing
We're designing an 8-channel waveform playback box for a aerospace customer. They will load large waveform files into our box, and we'll play them, each at his programmed clock rate. I call it the...
24
24

Adding a ripple to a DC voltage
Hi all, I have to add a ripple voltage (1Vrms) in serie to a 24V Battery (to build a test bench). The current is about 30A. I was wondering if a transformer in serie with the battery could do the job....
51
51

UPS constraints
Hi, I want to site a larger (2-3 KVA) UPS in the garage as a convenience for the occasional outages we have, here. Currently, I relocate the smaller ~1KVA units to handle small loads -- replacing each...
37
37

ECT Schematic
Anyone ever seen a teardown/service manual of one of these? chines/