Subject Author Posted Replies

Why Hasn't This Been Done with Silicon Carbide
Today's microprocessors are all made using the CMOS logic family. It has the advantage of using a minimum amount of electricity, since - exce pt for leakage currents, which are becoming more important...
44
44

High capacity batter for radio controlled helicopter
I have a radio control helicopter that has a 150 Mah battery. Could I upgrade to this one for longer run times ? It would probably weigh a little more, but the motor is pretty strong.
7
7

Allied tube power transformer
Several years ago I remember buying an Allied Electric branded power transformer similar to this one: ab=overview But if I recall correctly the unit I bought was somewhat smaller; the primary had no...
3
3

Optos vs Digital Isolators, the truth?
Hi Lately, the digital isolators, like the ISO7521 has prices comparable to regular optos with superiour performance. This page claims the isolators with SiO dielectrics has better lifetime specs than...
17
17

Error message on GPIB program, Help
Hi all, Recap- I had the low Cmos Clock Lithium Battery in a computer. I received a Cmos Clock Lithium Battery from China, had some question about the date code. I installed the Cmos Clock Lithium...
33
33

coffee cake
This is Grammy's Sour Cream Coffee Cake. If this Left Coast storm is as fierce as advertised, and the power goes out, we can live on coffee cake, peanut butter, and rain water for a few days. If the...
2
2

EDN: Unbelievable kludge.
Electronic Rube Goldberg of the year. - YD.
9
9

petro-political fun
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
13
13

Laser Mouses might be used to predict/detect earthquakes (and ground movement).
Hello, I have noticed many times by now that my laser mouse (logitech G3) is very sensitive. When the ground moves/shakes sometimes the mouse will interrupt the screen saver. Today I also run one of...
27
27

2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working
2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working The whole test setup is remotely controlled via ethernet (white lead). I took the ADF4350 test code I wrote and integrated it with the ts2iq program I...
4
4

Re: delta sigma mod. for BLDC motor controller
Hi Tim, followed your suggestion I post on s.e.d. including the OP and your reply for clarity. Please see at the bottom my answer to your message. Tim Wescott wrote: said, done. True. That's the idea,...
30
30

OT. Interesting video about Manhattan Building structural integrity
It's broken down into 3- 8 or 9 minute videos, but well worth the time. Building could have been the first domino to start a chain reaction. Mikek
12
12

Question regarding general schematic detail for transformers
Could some electronics guru please help ? Maybe this is a very silly question, so pardon me. In a schematic, a transformer is generally shown with 2 -3 parallel bars in the middle to indicate the...
21
21

Semi OT: History of consumer radio designs
I'm interested in how the design of consumer AM/FM radios has evolved over time, particularly since digital tuning/ PLL synthesizers came on the scene. Some early (1980?) PLL receiver schematics I've...
14
14

Driving PECL
Hi, all, So I've been trying to exhume my long-disused, and never very extensive, ECL skills. It seems like there's nothing you can do in ECL for less than about $5. Dedicated CMOS->PECL translators...
10
10