Subject Author Posted Replies

which method should I use for DIY LED C7 window candles?
I recently took advantage of post-Christmas sales and purchased several strings of warm white C7 size LED lights of 25 in each string. My intention is to brighten the window candles we currently have....
4
4

Example of Calculating SAR
I am trying to understand how SAR values are calculated for exposure to ambient radiofrequency. Can someone please write out an example complete with figures? For example, starting with a measured...
15
15

Re: Fragile connectors
They used to be much better than tandy or radioshack. Now, I'm not so sure. I would say still better, but it is much closer now. Very sad for Oz hobbyists.
6
6

Next hacked corporate entity?
One of the larger "on-line" banks. If they have NO email address on record for an account, they record this as an email address of "". Of course, they could just as easily have left it BLANK. Or,...

Gravity at 5 nanoseconds
Announcement The Primitive Equation for the Force of Gravity by Alan Folmsbee, Master of Science force = f = N/D = numerator / denominator N = pi^(4/3) square meters (cube root 4/3) Mmr D =...
31
31

OT: Is America returning ;-)
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
13
13

Glass Capacitors & Tantalum Capacitors for Sale
Glass Capacitors & Tantalum Capacitors for Sale Richard Maxwell (818)399-1158 text your message or call me or

Warnings re: "coiled" CAT5 cords?
Hi, I need some coiled (like a telephone cord) CAT5 cords -- extended length probably 24 in, retracted "as short as possible". I.e., I want the coils to give me a service loop that takes "no space"...
15
15

those LEDs from mid 1980..
That other thread about LEDs reminded of something I have observed a few days ago. I was in need for an additional indicator LED to debug someting. Since it is only a temporary thing I picked an old...
8
8

ADCMP561 spice model
Analog Devices makes some nice PECL comparators, but the data sheets are old and iffy, and there don't seem to be any Spice models. It was raining and snowing and I couldn't go skiing, so I did a...
1
1

Very low level LED observation
Last night I walked into room with lights off, just to grab something. Was alerted by a very faint flashing red light. VERY faint, switched on the light, could not see it. Light back off, turned out...
5
5

altitude
This is at 6400 feet. Another 1000 feet or so and that kettle chip bag would probably explode.
18
18

Speaker models, speaker drives
I need to drive a speaker, fairly efficiently and at different frequencies. I just need to make beeps and boops, but the current specification I have calls out various volumes and tones. The two bits...
37
37

Ralph Baer obit
Who, you ask? Here's the part I thought you folks would appreciate: "But the guts of the device were what mattered: 40 transistors and 40 diodes. That hardware ran everything. Odyssey, often called...
1
1

HP -> Agilent -> Keysight?
I don't get it. Who can keep up? Keysight has 9500 employees and Agilent now has either 12000 or 2500 employees? When did H.P. or Agilent get into life-science equipment? Meanwhile HP will soon be...
25
25