Subject Author Posted Replies

Electric magnet efficiency and dimensions?
Using any volume and shape, what are the optimum dimensions for an electro magnet with a given amount of power? I noticed I could add more turns of a larger gauge wire to increase the amp-turns,...
13
13

Few watt RF amplifiers
Hi, all, Happy New Year. I'm working on a parts list for a medium-fancy demo system, and I need a couple of RF amps that are good for 2-3 W at 1 dB compression, over a frequency range of about 30-100...
27
27

Nature takes its revenge ;-)
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
66
66

Remove Potting Compound for Repairs
Someone brought in a small device for me to repair that is potted in what appears to be black epoxy. I told them to simply buy another, but it cannot be replaced. Can someone with success in this...
10
10

Rechargable battery in small sealed container
Hi - does anyone have experience or know some issues around making a water proof device that contains a rechargeable LiPol battery? Charging would be done through a waterproof USB port. Can these...
4
4

Virtual ground topology
I recently saw a single supply opamp circuit that had what looked like an interesting virtual ground topology. The incoming signal needed to be differential for the rest of the circuit, so there's an...
4
4

Looking for a microphone which goes to 50kHz or so
There is an allegation that a particular aviation headset causes tinnitus. It is one of a number of active noise reduction (ANR) headsets on the market. An ANR headset uses basically a mike, a tiny...
34
34

Strange Russian Transmitter Circuit
Can anyone please have a look at this circuit and tell me what it is doing, or supposed to do? Better yet if you can decipher the parts in Russian. It is supposed to be some kind of "secret" device...
25
25

Sinewave inverter
I had (naively, perhaps) thought that the main reason for having a transformer in a sinewave inverter circuit was to provide isolation, between the mains voltage output and the low voltage input, so...
7
7

Re: OT: Win7 login AFU
They're obviously targeting Robert Baer, paranoid though you may be, doesn't mean they're not out to get you >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
5
5

Choice of support forums
Hi, With the obsolescence of USENET in favor of more "portal-based" forums, what are the relative advantages/disadvantages of corporate-sponsored (and hosted?) forums vs. more "independent"...
68
68

battery packs cell shorting?
Hi, I made a 14.8V (4s) lithium ion battery pack (18650 cells 4s3p) and after gluing the batteries together into the pack, I used a multimeter to check if any of the cases were shorted anywhere (some...
5
5

Anyone have experience with ADuM4190 or 3190?
Folks, Need to transfer lots of analog signals over an isolation barrier that must withstand surges up to 5kV. I used to roll my own but that gets old and now there are alternatives. The ADuM4190 is...

OT: Furniture
I'm seeking a store (or on-line), that has this end table... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
21
21

Relaxation oscillators and SPICE
I am unable to simulate the followingg PUT-based relaxation oscillator in the most recent LTspice (with BC547B and BC557B): Nothing wants to oscillate. Looking for a bug I have also tried the simplest...
25
25