'7' precision opamps

Hi all*, well I was trolling digikey for precision opamps... without a lot of success. (too many parameters) And then I remembered this table from AoE3.

note: This is only the HV section, there's another page of low voltage ones.

So I was looking for opamps with ~100uV max Vos and ~100 pA max bias current. (+/- 15 supplies) A dual would be nice, and if it came in a DIP it would save a board re-spin**. The only one that fit the dip spec is the AD706, which is kind of wimpy speed wise. (800 kHz GBW, 0.15 V/us). I've got some opa2192's and I put those into smd-dip adapters and they work fine. (Opa192 are fast becoming a fav.)

My rather simple question; Are there any new opamps I should add to the list?

George H.

*My bonehead mistake was I forgot that with a DC signal chain I care about the DC offset of every opamp/device in the chain. ** Do they call it a spin, because you use to spin on photo-resist?
Reply to
George Herold

OPA2140 and a breakout board?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Nice, less current than the opa192. (as long as it's cool :^) So anyone have a favorite soic-dip breakout board. I've got some PA0001-nd from DK, but they are a little spendy. These from spark fun look OK.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I like the Bellin Systems ones from Mouser.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Me too. A sheet of Bellin breakaway boards costs a tenth or less per site than some singles.

We piggyback adapters on some of our own boards too. Exotica like US8s and EPC GaN fets and other handy things.

lunatic fringe electronics

OK thanks... (I'll go look see.) I found these on Amazon.

I already ordered a sheet... free shipping.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Oh I've got a TO-3 to soic adapter

GH

Reply to
George Herold

That's fairly twisted.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Grin, A noisy Apex HV opamp was replaced with a LTC6090. I had one fail in the field, for some unknown reason.... it is still sorta bothering me. Try as I might I couldn't get it to die on the lab bench.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Probably another creative idiot with an inductor. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We have used the AD706 with GREAT success in power regulator applications where the 1/f noise was a critical issue. They work very well there. Our application was REAL sensitive on power supply steps in the couple minute range. But, we generally don't use it in signal applications.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Thanks Jon, say if you still care about the 1/f noise you should check out the opa2140 that Phil mentioned. You could add some capacitive FB to slow it down. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

But funny!

lunatic fringe electronics

I know someone who's done a DC-DC like that.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

If nothing else, I am here for your amusement.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

So are we all--you're just better adjusted than lots. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs