Subject Author Posted Replies

fast analog mux
This is a Fairchild FSA3157 analog mux. It's impressive, with switch rise/fall times below 500 ps, if you ignore the fine points. But it's too ugly for the application that I had in mind. And around 5...
6
6

lots of files
I have roughly 70,000 files on my C: drive. It would be a hopeless task to go through them and delete the useless ones, saving some few kilobytes or megabytes per file. So things will just grow, and...
121
121

OT: Last know good Thunderbird version that won't white-screen on Win-7?
Folks, By now I know that I am by far not the only one. Thunderbird white-screens a lot where it sits there totally unresponsive. A real productivity killer. Happens only in Windows 7, not in XP. It...
62
62

RE DIAC/TRIAC Light Dimmers
What do you think of impressing a DC voltage to the trigger circuit to make a low frequency amplifier ? I think such a thing could be used for a servo on a DC motor. Or is this one of those things...
1
1

OT soil bacteria
This is neat. If you click on the nature link you can see the paper. (Nature is giving open access.) George H.
1
1

Fuses, 2 in series to comply with needed voltage rating
Hi In an application, we are using a 500Vac fuse (30A) For some strange reason I want to use 2 250Vac fuses in series Anyone know if this will work? When a overcurrent situation arises, a fuse will...
61
61

LIRR
Hi, LIRR contacted me to appear for the pre scan test for the position of Electrical Engineer. Does anyone know about the format of the test and how should I prepare for it? Thanks erica
6
6

Amplifier, adc driver
Hello, I'm looking for a schematic of the amplifier with band from DC to 100 MHz and impedance 1Mohm for 14bit ADC converter. I googled only simple solutions based on eg AD8138 with trafos and imput...
7
7

Why is ungrounded power supply ground at line ground?
I'm using a switching regulated power supply on a Beaglebone Black and regardless of whether I plug it into ungrounded 120V or 240V, the ground on the processor is at 0V (or very close) to power line...
21
21

My Geomagnetic Amplifier Circuit
This is a high gain instrumentation amplifier, based upon the Analog Devices AMP01, I designed to detect low intensity ELF's in real time and amplify them to drive a small calibration coil. The signal...
34
34

Question regarding diac-triac lamp dimmers
Could some electronics guru please hekp ? Maybe this is a stupid question, but here we go. Simple AC kine based lamp dimmers use a diac triac pair with a capacitor that gets charged via a resistor...
8
8

OT: Printing from Windows 7 via SMC Barricade router?
Folks, Did everything in the book. Configured it via a TCP/IP port because the SMC software will not run on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. This direct method generally works also on machines with...
126
126

Op-Amp Help
Hi I would like to amplify a variable input voltage to a regulated 5 volt. Th e variable input voltage comes from the pulse coil my bike which is 50mv at low rpms and increases upto 30 volts at high...
18
18

Tek TDS380
Hi, A friend/colleague has 6 TDS380's to EoL. Is it worth his trouble to list them on eBay (individually)? Or, just take the tax writeoff for a charitable donation?
7
7

GPIO - raspberry PI
Hi to all. Am looking for some ultra simple, ready made script for this task: - start the script on boot - set high on some 3V GPIO - wait for 2 seconds - set low and exit the program This is used for...
3
3