Subject Author Posted Replies

LT Spice note
Funny, just last week or so I noted that gear integration produced a totally un-natural decay of an LC ringing oscillation. Mike says to always used modified trap. Even modified trap needs a little...
3
3

Releasing verion 0.4.12 of xpsa , the rtl_sdr dongle based Linux spectrum analyzer
Releasing version 0.4.12 of xpsa, the rtl_sdr dongle based Linux spectrum analyzer: There is quite bit of work that went into this. You can set FFT size, sample rate, zoom factor, harmonic selection,...
4
4

CDMA Repetitive Pulse Frequencies
I know TDMA of the GSM standard has 8.3Hz, 115Hz and 217Hz continuous pulse repititions. What, if any, are the pulse repetitions of CDMA? In asynchronous CDMA can the pseudorandom pulses be pulse...

Resonance of HV Stressed Cap - Picture This Time
Based upon the replies to my previous question, I have revised my question and added a cross-sectional drawing for clarification. What I would like to know is if applying electrostatic stress to the...
5
5

dim bulbs
More and more bars and restaurants are illuminated by old-fashioned clear glass long-filament bulbs, running at low temperature. That's horrendously inefficient. -- John Larkin Highland Technology,...
79
79

OT: Snow
The totals keep going up. 0" on Saturday, 24" this morning, Now it's up to 30". Cheers
1
1

Battery Packs to Use As a UPS
There are lots of rechargable battery packs sold as portable charging units for cell phones and the like. They come in many shapes and sizes and capacities. But I can't find one that says you can use...
7
7

OT: Football "Physics"
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
39
39

AD834 Spice Model Updated
The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my Website, adding in the Spice model for RNOISELESS,...
1
1

John Larkin Was That You on the News?
There was a brief clip of a John Larkin being interviewed as one of the passengers on one of the flights that was the object of a bomb scare. The interview was shown on the Saturday evening news. Was...
12
12

Amplifier with very low input- design search
Hello guys, I am building an extremely low input (voltage) amplifier, with about .2 volt spikes and also -0.2 volt spikes. I just need to detect if there is a voltage, either positive or negative then...
18
18

What does Fi and Fr stand for
At the bottom of this graph are the terms n=Fi/Fr or Fr/Fi The i may be a j. What do Fr and Fi stand for. Fr is probably frequency of resonance but Fi? Thanks, Mikek
2
2

Acoustic Resonance in Cylindrical Capacitors
I have heard that large cylindrical caps can have a self resonance at acoustic wavelengths. Does anyone know how this is applied in practice? In other words, if I wanted an acoustic resonance of...
47
47

Phone Circuit
Phone Circuit. a 3-way switch turns phone service on/off from 2 locations an LED indicates when the phone is on/off at the 2 locations a switch toggles phone service between the land line (local) and...
3
3

speed of light variance in a vacuum measured
Hi, This story talks about measuring light speed variance of single photons in a vacuum based on the photons spatial distribution, ie a conical wavefront apparently travels at one part in 100,000...
10
10