Subject Author Posted Replies

Anybody recommend a S/H that ahs aperture of < 5nS, and then hold for 5uS?
I need a family of S/H parts that has a VERY narrow aperture, but holds for a very long time. At these rates, need 22-24 bit HOLD ability. Translates to 0.05ppm droop type hold. Checked with TI,...
20
20

OT: HDMI Wireless
Anyone have experience/recommendations for wireless ways to distribute HDMI to multiple TV sets? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
16
16

Rapid Arctic Warming Causing Polar Jet Stream Shifts
31
31

Stepper motor
Hi. Am planing to use one 5V or 9V stepper motor for driving one piston. The piston with some weight has around 200 grams and the slider is on rollers so there is no problem with "transmission". Did...
3
3

OT Oliver Sacks
My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, it's breaking my heart. (Cancer might be better.) George H.
30
30

Re: An other ebay mystery...
I bought a closely similar one for my youngest son when we prowled the electronic parts market in Delhi last year. It's Chinese. I paid the equivalent of about $3 for it. On that outing, I also bought...
11
11

E-mail weirdness
 WTF? ...Jim Thompson
35
35

Lightning strikes go upwards?
I have heard it before, that lightning strikes actually go from the ground up. I was just watching a YouTube video that shows it. Using HTML5 with the ability to slow down the video to frame by frame,...
30
30

Checking back in after long absense
I've been busy on other forums and doing various projects, and I just never re-activated my newsgroup account after switching to this Win8 (yeah, I hate it) Dell laptop. I have been taking classes in...
12
12

LED Lighting
I know a guy who just built an LED light fixture. It consists of nothing more than a single off the shelf adjustable current/voltage supply and three strings of LEDs connected in parallel. He turned...
13
13

DIP Socket Ribbon Cable Connector with 0.4" Rows
I am looking for a ribbon cable connector to plug into a DIP socket on 0.4" row centers. This is to tap into the socket of a 3 digit LED display. I know they have made ICs on 0.4" rows but I can't...
3
3

cold!
Yikes. Good thing we have all that natural gas; we will be needing it. Windmills and solar cells won't keep us alive in a massive blizzard.
88
88

PV MOSFET driver reliability
How reliable such devices are in real life? The most extreme, yet typical use case: a constantly opened N MOSFET (i.e. it should be closed only during exceptional scenarios), which implies constantly...
42
42

GUI for Color-Blindness
We have a need to display values in a GUI "waterfall-type" display, with ti me on the Y-axis and frequency on the X-axis. I'm wondering about whether or not we should add an option button to display...
16
16

OT: Basel problem in math
Hi, For the Basel problem: where the sum of 1/n^2 = Pi^2/6, for n=1 to n=infinity, there doesn't seem like there would be a relationship between Pi and 1/n^2, I checked on this page for the Basel...
10
10