Subject Author Posted Replies

s-params
Can anyone recommend a program that will turn s-parameters into R-L-C element equivalents? We use a lot of "RF" parts, in fast time-domain circuits, so s-params aren't much help in simulation. I can...
6
6

Dr.Spock
R.I.P. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
26
26

Ceres
This is pretty radical: -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
33
33

Operating a 24VAC coil on a valve or contactor (relay) with a DC coil voltage.
I have a project that requires an electrically operated gas valve (36G22-254) and a 30A contactor (Square D 36G22-254). Both have coils that are specified for 24VAC. The gas valve draws about 280mA,...
14
14

Radio Shack store closings list
How to find these liquidation sales? Start with the RS corporate list: _020415.pdf (mirror) From the above, here's the listed stores for WA state only: 3338 BELLEVUE BELL WAY 013338 100 SE BELLEVUE...
1
1

Neat setup, $3 Cell plan
Clever setup, great for alarm applications... Cheers
53
53

OT what is this sol.exe ??
This morning as I got on line. I opened all my normal internet accesses and mail servers - as I have done for years. BUT! today the google search window, I know, I just open each day to see if there's...
2
2

"Jellybean" HV low power MOSFET
Can anybody suggest a cheap, easily obtainable >= 400 V, < 2A thru hole MOSFET, preferably one that's designed more for analog use than for sub-ns switching. Thanks. I'm looking to squeeze a cathode...
8
8

DSC 1832 question
Hi. I hope that someone is working with dsc alarm system. I'm using paradox but i have used dsc before few years. I installed 8 sensors on 1832 panel and i set section 202. First zone is delay and...

"silly" RCL noise question
So say you have an RCL circuit and are looking at the Johnson noise (Created by the R) that is across the capacitor. And assume that the circuit has a decent Q. Then the voltage noise at (and near)...
7
7

Seurat
Imagine this redone, with everyone staring down at their cell phones.
21
21

House Powered by Alternative Energy Explodes
3
3

OT: Hydrogen fuel cell for cars..
From Design News Feb 2015: "Toyota is giving away its fuel cell patents". They say it will be the primary fuel for the next hundred years. Excuse me,but WHERE will all of that hydrogen come from, and...
70
70

OT: foam padding with removeable glue for protective gear
Hi, I am working on an application for protective gear for a soccer player, it isn't electronics related but was wondering if anyone has an idea for a good way to attach a protective layer of foam...
2
2

Non-standard telephone wall plate
Hi, I am looking for a wall plate *similar* to this: The actual plate would be: - stainless - support a "keystone" connector "insert" - recessed connector area - "mushrooms" onto which to mount the...
10
10