Subject Author Posted Replies

Op-amp differential amplifier
Op-amp differential amplifier has much wider range of input signals comparing to differential amplifier with discrete components. Read more: and also simulate:
6
6

WTF - strange problem
Hi. I have connected 8 CCTV cameras over the BNC connector to DVR recorder. Everything works OK and picture is fine but there is one thing that i dont understand. I have tested this problem with...
8
8

MJPEG to H.264 conversion
Hello, I want to convert MJPEG compressed video (from oof the shelf camera) to H.264 compressed video. Then i want to send over Wifi. Please suggest any IC to do this conversion? or I need to for...
3
3

OT: Are you now or have you ever been a climate skeptic?
Are you now or have you ever been a climate skeptic?... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
10
10

Input termination 50 to 1meg
Hi, The input termination a spectrum analyzer is 50 ohms. Connecting the spectrum analyzer input to the DUT would load the circuit. Can a Fet probe be used to buffer the input of the spectrum...
13
13

How I have fun with the ISS and other Satellites
Many years ago I found this site, And have used its info to go out in the early evening to view the International Space Station. Right now in my area all ISS views are in the morning, but that will...
4
4

Solenoids
Hi, What (and how!) can I deduce about the operation of a particular (e.g., previously empirically characterized) solenoid by observing it's electrical characteristics UNDER OPERATION? E.g., I can...
20
20

Drugs, politics etc
lled >herself. " ual friends. Decided to fly out the window, upstairs of course. uite young. I somehow got ahold of some textbooks that were supposedly beyo nd my age. When I was a kid, I did not want...
24
24

digikey printed catalog
Hi. Old school guy here. As you know, Digikey nixed the paper catalog years ago. It was huge. But I miss it. It was a great desk reference and I always learned things but just browsing dead time away...
15
15

OT: Happy birthday, JT
Anything special planned for today?
2
2

Re: Drum Core Stray Magnetic Field
Or, a Network Analyzer and note the S21 term. There is a widget called an H-Field PRobe used to be made by HP. Calibrated thingy, looks like a doorstop with an SMA connector on the back to connect to...
54
54

Ideal vs. lossy transmission line model question
Could some electronics guru please clarify a few subtle questions regarding lumped parameter model of transmission lines ? The simple loss-less lumped parameter model consists of an ideal...
25
25

Sample-and-Hold Differentiator
I need to differentiate a really slow signal (DC to ~2kHz) I'm toying with the idea that two sample-and-hold's and a steerable diff-stage should do the trick. Anyone done that before? ...Jim Thompson...
25
25

BLEduino - Gone for Good?
I can't find any responses to questions asked in the forum. There seems to be no way to buy these. The only sign of life is that there are posts that people got the boards they paid for through kick...
24
24

Strat-up plans cell data network
Hello William, This is something you might want to watch, for areas where iMistaway cannot be used over an Internet connection: The only downside I see is Arduino which in my opinon is not a reliable...
2
2