Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: "Materials" group
Hi, I suspect it's a long shot -- but, is there a newsgroup that deals with materials, *generally*, wrt their properties and characteristics? (metals, plastics, rubbers, etc.) I.e., to be able to...
10
10

cosmological constant as a property of integrated gravity curvature in spacetime
Hi, From wikipedia: "The cosmological constant ... is the value of the energy density of the vacuum of space" I think that the cosmological constant is actually the integrated sum of all gravitational...
9
9

anyone want to sell Boardmaker2 DOS-based PCB design software
Has anyone got an old copy of Tsien BoardMaker2 with BoardCapture ? This is old DOS 16-bit PCB design software. It is comprised of disks, parallel dongle and manual. The manual is not essential. The...
11
11

S'ware Generated Sinewaves for Motor Drive
I have an audio editing program (CoolEdit) that can generate audio frequency sinewaves and adjust the relative phase of each. I would like to generate three at 20Hz (for 120RPM), offset from each...
28
28

Voltage-variable capacitor doesn't work in LTSpice
Gentlemen, Setting up voltage-controlled resistors is easy: R=(V(X)+0.01) or whatever. Works, always did. Doing the same with a capacitor fails with this error message: Error on line 6 : c1 n002 0...
92
92

icicles, again
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

different between gravitational force and gravitational field
Hi, If there is a mass exactly between two stationary equal masses (ie big stars or blackholes) the gravitational force will cancel out and there will be no movement in the system (big stars...
18
18

Wireline emulation for ADSL testing
Good morning :-) I came to a need where I need to emulate copper wireline in order to test ADSL modem in a lab. I have ADSL DSLAM and ADSL modem which work on a few meters cable but this can't be the...
9
9

multibody gravity question
Hi, For a multibody stationary system of uniform mass points distributed in 2D or 3D space, is there a way to precisely find or estimate the location in 2D or 3D space where the gravitational field...
66
66

OT: Hardwood vs Softwood
I'm guessing studs in the walls of a house are likely to be "softwood"? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems |...
48
48

proto boards
Can someone recommend a supplier for small quantities (like 4) prototype 4-layer boards, with reasonable turn time (1-2 weeks)? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision...
14
14

gate current
This is cool: Drain is positive, source is positive, gate is negative! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
6
6

Op-amp Summing Amplifier
Good feature of op-amp summing amplifier is that there is direct current pa th provided from every input to the output. For that reasons input voltage sources don't need to have current sink...
7
7

Time Delay Switch From Signal
Hi all, So here's the background. I have a salt-water pool with a heater, so there are two main risks for the heater: (i) salt water; and (ii) standing heat ed water (especially salt water) in the...
26
26

Water solenoid buried control line dscovery
Say have 8 control lines from timer box go out,each to a given water on/off solenoid. Given that only two were eye findable since they were above ground or in protective box at ground level. All other...
10
10