Subject Author Posted Replies

Low noise differential 4:1 Demux with EMI filtering?
Hi all, We have a data acquisition board with an 8 channel ADC and low noise amplifier front ends. In front of these amplifiers I have placed 8 4:1 differential analog demultiplexers, ADG1409 by the...
7
7

Measuring high voltages
I have a circuit that generates a floating ( both sides) ~ +/- 1500V. The final output is generated by a standard diode cap multiplier block, giving 1mA current. The +ve output is monitored via a 1G...
9
9

Indecypherable Passphrases
Snowden recommends 7 words, and he should know :-)
27
27

Ping: John Larkin
Assembled 6x "Billy" this weekend... 4x to go ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
14
14

Android GPS voice synthesis pre-processor
When the Android tells you to take exit 30 West, as you approach the sign marked "30W", it says, "Take exit 30 Watts." Apparently one of you guys wrote the text pre-processor.
7
7

Overexcitable fan
A PC cpu fan in an 8 core AMD system is very noisy at full tilt, and is rat her excitable. CPU temp only need go up by an imperceptible amount and it r evs up (idling for a minute.) I want to quieten...
15
15

Another Spin Doctor Bites the Dust
A case of not putting his mouth where his money is:
12
12

call blocker device suggestions?
Enough is enough. My wife is getting upwards of 10 calls daily where no one is on the line when she answers. We have caller ID and it shows numbers never heard of before. For about 4 years, we've both...
90
90

control box mounting options?
I have a small, 2x4" aluminum control box with some toggle switches and motor direction controls. I need to have the control box available at the same time I use a small laptop. The problem I'm having...
4
4

Oscillating regulators with ceramic caps
I've just built up a batch of PCBs with several LM317 and LM337 regulators on them. As this thing will be in a hot environment, I wanted to avoid electrolytics so I used 10uF MLCC ceramic capacitors...
24
24

lumens vs voltage; incandescent
How does voltage effect lumens in a incandescent bulb? A bulb rated 420 lumens at 130VAC will output how many lumens at 115VAC?
39
39

The Loudspeaker - Some things never change
I've been playing around with electronics since I was in my teens, which was in the 1960s. Some electronic components have drastically changed, while others have always been about the same. The main...
46
46

Wide Area Loop Coil Design
I would like to make a wide area circular loop of approximately 3 metres diameter. It will be fed with audio sinewaves via a 100W (per channel) car stereo amplifier. Could I please have some...
42
42

Ir comms
Hi, What's the *least* data that I need to recover a (typical consumer) signal encoded using an infrared medium? I.e., I think all "remotes" just gate a fixed carrier (which may vary between...
2
2

OT: The land is rising
I know I shouldn't, but this is just too funny. "It isn't that the sea level is dropping -- it's that the land is springing back up." So where I live in Maine, it will keep getting colder and the sea...
4
4