Subject Author Posted Replies

Electronic Music Modular Synthesizer Compacted
With surface mount technology making PCB real estate nearly nonexistent, the Russians have finally miniaturized modular electronic music synthesizer racks to where a decent configuration doesn't take...

Orientation Agnostic USB-2 Adapter
Kickstarter project. 3 for $15. -- Best Regards, ChesterW +++ Dr Chester Wildey Founder MRRA Inc. Electronic and Optoelectronic Instruments MRI Motion, fNIRS Brain Scanners, Counterfeit and Covert...

Crapy Broadcom 5708 1G ethernet
We are using a Dell 2950 with two Broadcom 5708 1G ethernet, but the second adapter (in NAT mode) keep crapping out. A similar test setup with 0.1G Realtek works fine. The binary Linux driver for the...
9

The world is running out of electrons - Serious implications to come!
From: The World of Science Article 4115 Posted: April 1, 2015 The world is running out of electrons. Electric costs soar, while electrical power capacity continues to decline. It now takes nearly...
22

OT reflective paint
I say this under Volvo life paint. But here's where it comes from. George H.
4
4

"Random" Circuit Needed.
For a simulation situation I need a random number generator with a twist... What I need to simulate is a "random" selection of one-of-16 outputs. Clock "speed" is 12.5kHz ;-) Built of 74HCxx parts is...
66
66

"Modern" Medicine
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
7
7

ot food
These are really good: Not sour at all. And sticky. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
2
2

OT April 1st
We've got a joker in our company. I came in to my office and it looked like this, Well perhaps it's hard to see in all the other clutter, there are pictures of my ugly puss stuck everywhere. Scary,...
3
3

Bipolar transistor simplest models
Even though mechanisms that makes bipolar transistor run are quite complica ted and there are many side effect to be covered, simple analysis is possi ble with two simple models: one for active...
5
5

Congress amends ohms law
Congress amends ohms law There is now a maximum on I for any voltage to protect the public, more here: http://217.120.43.67:8091/congress/legislation/science/latest/ohmslaw/
14
14

Vintage synthesizers are sometimes cantankerous
I'm building a demo system in my lab, and not one, but _both_ of my HP3325A synthesizers went flatline. One had almost no output, missing attenuator steps, and distorted wave shapes, and the other one...
3
3

Minimum detectable pressure
Hi, Typical hydrophones sensitivities run from -174 re 1V/uPa to -206 dB re 1V/uPa. How does one convert these into minimum detectable acoustic pressure? Thanks Paul C
16
16

Documented Medical History of Extensive Psychotherapy for Suicidal Tendencies
Lufthansa can forget it, their liability is not eligible for any kind of cap. This is negligence of the highest order. "Prosecutors in Duesseldorf, where Lubitz had an apartment, said the...
16
16

OT: Bad storm here
Bad storm here worst one I have seen here locally, never before at this time of year, garden furniture flying through the air, on my plants :-( had to go out several times to fix things. Glad I am not...
16
16