Subject Author Posted Replies

electric vehicles
I knew this would happen: -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
1
1

OT: For those who cannot get that f*cking computah to do what they want
Maybe it was python LOL
20
20

How to charge a 6V Gel Cell
How to charge a Gel Cell 6V 4.5Ah. I have an electric fence charger (fencer) for livestock. It has a solar panel to charge the 6V 4.5Ah Gel Cell. But this fencer has not been used for several years,...
7
7

Power cycling non-incandescent lamps
Hi, Garage door opener has a pair of A-base light bulbs in it. Would like to route the socket to control some other "area lighting". But, stay within the power budget of the controls (relay) in the...
27
27

OT: is the math sine function in C# periodic?
Hi, I was wondering if code like x = for 'a' being an integer from 0 to n is periodic ie in C# code? I was curious and tested it but the output sequence was not periodic (at least until I ran out of...
16
16

Hovic's first day
So I have been in this dodge for more than 50 years and the SM0603 parts seem to be getting smaller. Time to hire a tech with good eyes and steady hands. Hovig came in for a tryout, mentioned Babe...
18
18

SMA connectors
So, like I need a small number of SMA tees and such. Most companies seem to want $50+ for quantities of 1. I did find the same part (female tee) for $1.98 from Hong Kong. What gives. Has this stuff...
16
16

OT Graphing software
Hi all, Well about once a week I need to make pretty pictures of some data. I've been using an old version of Origin for about 20 years! At the moment it only runs on a virtual (XP) machine. Any...
21
21

Linear Mode of IGBT FSOA/hotspots? - feasable?
Hi For an application I am looking into using a large IGBT for inrush (charge of DC link capacitor from mains) To reduce BoM costs, I would like to drive it in linear mode, monitoring the current and...
33
33

Frequency-to-voltage converter, PLL with an AD650
I tried to reproduce fig.22, p.17 of the datasheet but the output voltage is always about +13 V The VCO alone (like fig.12) works up to about 1 MHz provided the input voltage is in the [-12:0] range....
10
10

isolated rectifier files
Here is a link to a folder containing the bridge rectifier model and subcircuit files along with the circuit .asc, so anyone interested can see how it operates in LTSpice. Aa?dl=0

Low temp solder past -
A long time ago there was a request for ideas on solder ultra thin copper wire that melted/dissolved with normal solder. This is too late to help with that request but might help if it comes up again....

Zobel Speaker RCs
How necessary are they really? How much of a problem is it if speaker Z rises at hf? I'm asking myself if I can get away with omitting them on small amplifiers. I omitted one on the little class A amp...
11
11

Tektronix field adjust software TDS400A
I'm in process of repairing an old TDS420 oscilloscope and have been searching in vain for the Field Calibration Software for this scope. I have the cal sw for the 500, 600, and 700 series but not for...
7
7

What part would do this? (optoelectronics)
Greetings gentlemen, I have a few classic SLR cameras that I'd like to bring out of retirement. I need to establish if the shutter speeds are still within spec (or not as is more likely after 35+...
43
43