Subject Author Posted Replies

Tesla Powerwall
"Wall mounted, rechargeable lithium ion battery with liquid thermal control." Tesla is already taking orders and their plant isn't even operational. They already have mega $ order pledges from some...
51
51

MPLAB and gettting adresses of registres
Hi all I am thinking of a way to used indirect addressing, using FSR and INDF. In my code I have my memory like this (assembler) something EQU 0x020 something1 EQU something+1 settings EQU...
3
3

Small HV relay >5kV?
Gentlemen, Looking for a small HV relay that can switch 5kV but does not need any current carrying capacity. It's a very low level signal line,
27
27

NiCad vs NiMH Charging
I have several Motorola Talkabout radios. In some of them the NiCad batteries won't take a charge anymore. I see new compatable batteries that are NiMH. Do they require a different kind of charger?...
7
7

Ring of two current source
I think Bill Sloman or someone posted a .asc file of a "ring of two" current source a while back. I have an application in mind where I need a very temperature stable current source and would like to...
99
99

MECH-EL (MEI) bonding machine
Hi the Group, Are there on this group some users/owners of a MECH-EL wedge bonding machine (series 700 / 800 / 900 or 1200) ? If yes I would be interested to be in touch with you. Cheers...

1e6 = 1e9
Why is it that journalists feel free to exchange "million" and "billion" ? I was just reading that two 40 foot diameter pipelines in California, that will carry water from the Sacramento River to as...
76
76

OT? FOIA experiences
Hi, Anyone having any *first-hand* experience with FOIA requests? In particular, how "friendly"/"adversarial" the process might be? (I suspect it varies from agency to agency...). Thx, --don
6
6

Masters in Basketweaving.
Ok, I'm working at a university right now. I get tuition that is close to free. Boss says take a few classes. Union says take a class. I have a BS in Sec ondary education. So the easiest thing to take...
19
19

Simple GPS USB module, today's soldering exercise
I had the GPS module from And the USB to serial adaptor from ebay: Connected it together: Listen on the Linux PC with 4800 Bd: ptlrc -d /dev/ttyUSB1 -b 4800 GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*1E...
1
1

Common-mode surge rejection of power supplies
We have experienced some immunity issues during compliance testing. There is a 48 VDC supply, and the output floats (by itself). The negative of thi s supply is eventually taken to "ground" at some...
19
19

IP camera over wireless
I have to add one IP camera to existing IP video recorder. This camera should be on the same LAN as the recorder but the main thing is it has to be connected over wireless because its cca 100 meter...
13
13

Diy adapter for PICDEM2 plus --> 16F1828 --> 28 to 20 pin adapter
I need to programm pic16F1828 20 pin chip. Unfortunately i have "old" tools so i need to make one adapter. After confirmation that i can program this chip with picdem2 and icd2 i was planning to make...
3
3

Running an electric motor backwards is less efficient?
Thinking about cordless drills. Those flipping the switch to run the drill backwards instead of forwards reduce the efficiency? Would it make any difference if the motor were brushless? Thanks.
6
6

PDF in Spice
I've had a few instances where I was interested in seeing the probability density function of a waveform, the voltage histogram, in LT Spice. I never came up with a decent way to display that within...
15
15