Subject Author Posted Replies

Paper on reducing 1/f noise in amplifiers
AoE 3 P. 485 (footnote 22) references a paper by Broderson, Chenette & Jaeger, entitled "A Superior Low Noise Amplifier", 1970 ISSC, P. 164. Before I feed yet another $31 into the voracious maw of the...
16
16

I'm thinking about letting the taxpayers subsidize me.
I just got the latest notice of increase on my non Obamacare healthcare policy. It is only 9% this year versus previous increases of 18.8%, 21% and 19.4%. I have a good policy, with a $10k deductible,...
223
223

So, finally got the GPS and sensors working as webserver on Raspberry
So, finally got the GPS and sensors working as webserver on Raspberry http://217.120.43.67:8073/ As usual I removed the lat lon, against drones. The sensors are now sitting on the table, waiting for...
40
40

TUTORIAL - Example 1, Using Femm to Calculate Component Values of Simple Microstrip to use in LTspice/PSpice
I offer to share with you a TUTORIAL but don't know how to get it into your hands. The TUTORIAL is about 15kB, zipped, and describes the step-by-step process of using FREE femm 4.2 to analyze a simple...
23
23

little pcb-mount CTs
Anybody know of a source for a small (1 amp range) PCB mount current transformer? Frequency will be around 400 Hz. There are switcher current sense CTs, but I don't know if they will work that low. Or...
73
73

What does mV/V-mA mean?
Hello, I'm looking at a current sensor datasheet, it says Sensitivity up to 2mV/mA (on the front page/Key Features) and sensitivity is typ. 0.08mV/V-mA @ 5V Supply (In the operating specifications)...
7
7

CMOS checksum fails
Not sure what could be causing it. Seems to happen after power loss... and hard reset... also after weird electrical problem which happens rarely, which is solved by full power down, disconnect of...
23
23

biasing a pseudorandom sequence
Hi, I would like to "bias" a pseudorandom binary sequence to contain a variable amount more 1's than 0's (or 0's than 1's) and still maintain the pseudorandom properties of the original sequence, is...
15
15

Damnit, Joerg.. :)
You recommending pizza on the grill so highly, I tried it today. Works fine, except the bottom is burnt to blackness! At least it's salvageable after scraping it off... I guess the lesson is, thin...
47
47

small Fanless SBC with 2 or more SATA's I/F
Hi Folks, I really find it difficult to stop using my old SUN station ... it works as a RAID file server without any serious problem and for years (2002 ...) Before waiting a real catastrophic...
42
42

wierd opamps
Linear seem to have some new "interesting" high impedance, high-speed, low capacitance opamps LTC6268 and LTC6268-10. "500MHz" "4GHz" (but what's with the current noise plots?)
21
21

Amazing, sometimes you come to the same conclusions, sort of
Amazing, sometimes you come to the same conclusions, sort of: After doing the GPS in the ear wax box, yesterday I rewrote gpspc for the Raspberry Pi, named it rgpspc, but the 2.5 inch analog display...
2
2

multifractal sequence analysis
Hi, Here's an interesting article on multifractal sequences in relation to the sun, has quite a bit of info on what multifractal sequences are too. link to abstract: cheers, Jamie

Stepper motors: software examples, hardware examples
stepper controllers: software examples, hardware examples Can anyone suggest application notes or software source or circuit diagrams or texts about stepper motor controllers with means of sensing...
14
14

FET as linear mode heater
So I'd like to make a linear heater. Power 50W, supply 50V, 1 amp max current. Temperature from 77 to 373 K (100 C). I was thinking of a FET and 25 ohm power resistor in series, with feedback from the...
65
65