Subject Author Posted Replies

PIC compare problem (assembler)
Hi all I have a small problem and I need a hint Basically I read an ADC value and read it out on 16 LEDs. It also has a minimum value, but if min == current value then the minimum value is not...
7
7

OT: "Proprietary" CD/DVD "formats" (layouts)
Hi, Way OT but worth a shot... I've historically imaged each of my (COTS) distribution media as a backup against loss -- floppies, CD's, DVD's -- even *tapes*! This lets me "mistreat" the originals...
20
20

Shunt resistance to drop capacitor Q
What parallel resistance is needed across a 100pF capacitor to drop Q factor to 3 at 1Mhz? (Assuming the unloaded capacitor Q is much higher). Reason I ask is that I have acquired a Boonton 72...
6
6

OT: Download Manager
I'm having trouble with large downloads and was wondering if anyone here ca n recommend a download manager. I'm using Pale Moon(Firefox) on a US Cellul ar 4G router. The download will suddenly stop...
7
7

Howland current pump question
Is it normal for the op amp inputs of the Howland pump to not be at the same voltage? In all my experiments in LTSPICE with the "improved" topology and grounded resistive loads, this seems to have...
28
28

SainSmart relay board
I'm trying to switch two 24 volt coaxial switches using a LabJack U6. I bought a sainsmart solid state relay board rated for 240AC @ 2A under the (wrong?) assumption that it should have no issue with...
10
10

RH "requirements" for (COTS) optical media
Hi, I was rearranging the media closet and noticed the "hieroglyphics" on one of the (blank) optical media spindles. Appears to suggest an RH range of 5-90%. I can understand the high end limit...
9
9

Intelligent Analysis of Labor Force Participation
A composite analysis of genuine economic expertise, quite refreshing after the vacant SED babble by individuals too ignorant to fathom they're out of their league.
33
33

Referencing 42 bits
It's early AM here, no coffee in the house, so please forgive the following : :) I want to take 42 bits of information and encode, or condense them, into a small string of text to that I can easily,...
24
24

nonlinear HBridge effects in BLDC control
Hi everyone, I have a PI controller which drives a PWM unit switching an Half H-Brdige stage to control a phase of a three-phase BLDC motor. This loop regulates the current, while an outer loop...
10
10

five fabs?
Future sub-15 nm fabs will be so expensive that there might only be five suppliers in the world. http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/5305/st-to-exit-digital-ic-manufacturing-race
1
1

Update: Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling
Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling has been updated. See VaristorMOV.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
46
46

Tastenentprellung
Hier ist ein guter Artikel von Jack Ganssle dazu:
5
5

OT: "Science" on the other side of the pond
"Science" on the other side of the pond... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
191
191

EMC; 0dB, 3dB, 6dB or ? margin to conducted emission limits
So, we use a specified margin to the regulatory conducted emission limits. For sake of discussion let's say 3dB. So during product development we stay at least 3dB below the limits specified in the...
16
16