Subject Author Posted Replies

Flecap
This is the Maxim integrated variable capacitor I recall seeing some other parts/vendors somewhere, but I can't find them. It doesn't google well. Any leads?
4
4

USB A connector fail?
Hi, I went to pull some photos off a memory card using one of these dinky "5,976-in-1" (memory) card readers. Windows machine kept complaining about a hardware failure. And, the little idiot lights...
1
1

Re: Korg Monotron
Fixed:
6
6

Tritium decay experiment one year data from May 16 2014 to May 16 2015 released
More info on the experiment and setup here: Tritium decay experiment one year data from May 16 2014 to May 16 2015 released; The older data is still there too: I restarted the experiment today May 16...
13
13

Bibtrex Howland
Hello Bib, I drew my "bafouille" on this saturday morning .... no math, no excessive sims just fixed the fact that in your previous schematics you miised that the opamp goes directly to vcc. try go...
2
2

even more current source excitement
So I have the improved Howland current pump experiment set up and working in LTSpice, and am experimenting using two pumps to feed bandgap references. One of them is using an NPN transistor to source...
2
2

OT: Remote Access.
When I'm at my desk I access my Laptop and two PC's via a KVMP switch. With the weather as nice as it is here in the Springtime of the my patio via my wireless network... i.e. I want to emulate being...
31
31

RF parts availability
I just got an email from CEL, about their "product longevity program." This is good. So many bipolar and PHEMT RF parts have gone EOL, it's great to hear that there are some parts that are planned to...
1
1

OT: GMRS/FRS vs. CB vs. 2m choices (for emergency use)
Hi, Wrt my BoB issue (see Battery chemistry best suited for storage abuse), I presently have 5 types of radios in my bag(s): - AM/FM crank radio - UHF scanner (29-54/108-174/406-512) - 2m "mobile"...
20
20

Greece, sad
Looks like some post-Soviet place.
146
146

Bad design example
A few years ago, I bought a couple of bug zappers at ~US$3 for two, shipped. They had a beautiful violet glow to attract insects but one piece died in a few hours while the other one lasted all of 3...
11
11

Planar transformer Question
I have to design a power supply with 600v isolation, 12 outputs are 15v at 10mA per channel. I was wondering if the typical strategy with this type of construction is to use buried vias. thank you Bob...
4
4

Them eletrons and that supper conduct TV
Them eletrons and that supper conduct TV
2
2

cap mult (again) at low current.
I'm headed over tomorrow to UB (my alma mater) to beg a little lab space from my old post doc Prof. I don't expect any problems. His last grad student is in the lab. (I want to help.) So I've been...
23
23

high voltage safety
I have a potential project to supply a multiple-output high-voltage pulser, to drive some electro-optical things, sort of like Pockels cells. The output will be pulses, any duty cycle, in the 2 KHz...
90
90