Subject Author Posted Replies

Need 6V ballast for 9W CFL
Does anyone know where I might get a ballast to drive a 9W CFL tube (germicidal lamp) from a 6V source? There are a number of good circuits around, but all require a custom-wound transformer, which...
4
4

S2405 Cheap scope, new working software or serial protocol to write my own
I have a cheap hand held DMM scope meter that I used mostly for very basic things..S2405 model rebranded under serveral names. Today I installed the old software to a windows XP machine using a USB to...
4
4

Surface Mount Resistor in Vacuum Chamber
I don't have much experience with vacuum chambers, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a surface mount resistor material that can be used inside such an environment?
77
77

Rechergeables in parallel?
Does anyone have any practical experience of using NiMH cells in parallel to increase capacity? Do they inherently come into balance, or is there a mechanism whereby a small initial difference soon...
8
8

WiFi
Hi, I am looking for a Wi-Fi development kit. I never worked with Wi-Fi before. I am looking for a kit which is cheap, with good technical support and easy to use. jess
69
69

Lunch
Designing electronics makes a boy hungry. The McDonalds 1/3 lb sirloin burger is actually pretty good. If you scrape off the yukky cheeze stuff.
39
39

Device needed for: Text Display + Wireless Communication + Remote control + Remote Power ?
Hello, The following are the requirements for a piece or pieces of hardware: A device which can stand on a table: 1. Dimensions: Approximately 20 centimeters width, 3 centimeters heigh, 2 or 3...
14
14

PIC PWM LP Filter Help
The PIC in the diagram below is programmed to produce 5 frequencies grouped around 40Hz. It outputs a 5Vpp PWM signal. This passes fine through R9 and R10, but as soon as I connect either of the 473...
16
16

Online Service for Gerber from Schematic
Does anyone know of an economical online service that, when sent a schematic diagram, will produce a Gerber file from which I can have PCB's fabricated ... probably by another online service? Bob...
22
22

myropcb
We bought some proto 4-layer boards from and a couple of my people are testing some circuits. The boards are crap. Pads keep falling off.
5
5

Programmable tracking pulse supply.
I'm designing a programmable tracking pulse supply. This is an SMPS, with dual tracking positive and negative outputs. It must run from a 5 to 24V input, and deliver +/-5 to +/-50 volt outputs. A 0 to...
32
32

PIC daughterboard detection
I'm wanting to have a PIC detect whether a daughterboard is present, so it can activate I2C comm. My thought is to activate the weak pull-down on the input, to detect whether an I2C pull-up resistor...
8
8

Redesign Of Tek Battery Pack
Got this old Tektronix 422 here which still works. It has the battery optio n. Of course the batteries are no good at this stage of the game. I am considering replacing them with more modern...
10
10

OT: excess cost in US health care
The New Yorker dated the 11th May 2015 has an interesting article on pages 42 through 53. It's title "Overkill: An avalanche of unnecessary medical care is harming patients physically and financially....
70
70

Book reading SW Needed
Hi So I spend about 2 hours on the road every day to work (some people probably a lot more), and before the self guided car is available, I would like to maximize the usage of the time in the car. So,...
8
8