Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Pretty cool, graphene propelled by light and electrons
*SIGH* -- Cheers, Chris.
2
2

eBook formats
Hi, I have a boatload of books, papers, etc. in a variety (too many!) of different formats (TXT, PDF, PS, CBR/CBZ, MOBI, EPUB, DOC, RTF, etc.). I'd like to pick *one* format and convert them *all* and...
25
25

OT: Book rec.
Hi, Anyone have firsthand experience with: _Why Things Bite Back: Technology and the Revenge of Unintended Consequences_ by Tenner? Or, anything along similar lines? I'm curious if its a fluff title...
2
2

Grasp the nettle firmly?
In this case the nettle is ground. And I'm not sure about how hard to grasp it. This will be perhaps long, in my rambling style, feel free to stop. First a circuit: (note the 9V battery is upside down...
15
15

Intel-Altera, again
So I guess Intel is back in the ARM business. Maybe it's just a face-saving way to get their ARM license back. Or, horror, we'll see an Altera SOC with x86's inside.
155
155

Fast OCR over raspberry or some other board
Hi ! I want to read data from one LCD graphics display ( 2x16 ) and send this data over LAN to one end device. Now, the main problem is OCR data processing because this should be quite fast. The text...
7
7

Why I never throw away old computers
13
13

OT: gut bacteria influence on.. everything!
Hi, Growing knowledge of the importance of gut bacteria is at the center of a revolution towards a holistic view that has to take into account the influence of "everything" in the environment on...
75
75

Re: I think I know what killed my 80486... (perhaps it can be revived)
On Sun, 31 May 2015 19:34:09 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: YOU did, and your utter stupidity.
18
18

CFA question
Hi all, I've a silly question because I'm a bit unexperienced with current-feedback amplifiers. I've observed from both the datasheet and from experimental data that the closed-loop frequency response...
9
9

OT: motivational question
A difficulty I've faced for most of my life (though im still relatively young) both in business and in working on personal problems, is one of organization and motivation. Often a project will start...
45
45

LED replacement strobe lamp.
I recently bought a LED replacement for the #93 taillight my 30 year-old bedside Tensor lamp uses. I like it. I have not found a good source for #93's in years and have been paying way too much at...
4
4

AoE III price lowered another $10
Amazon has just lowered the price of the Art of Electronics 3rd edition by another $10, to $93. Who knows how long they'll keep it at this lower price.
183
183

Blue Jeans
Your blue jeans told my blue jeans that you're fat. 8-) [8~{} Uncle Fat Monster

geeks in love
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
1
1