Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical contacts for Femtoamps measurement
Hello. I would appreciate any response, opinion on the following. I have to measure current between to electrodes made of thin metal foils. T he current is in Femtoampere range (~ 100 fA). The problem...
37
37

Flow Sensor for Hot Water (50 degrees C)
Looking for an off the shelf flow meter with an accuracy of not less than 5% that will output pulses and that can operate at at least 50 degrees C. 1/2" NPT fittings is a plus. $100 or less. Needs to...
10
10

Flybacks always burn on my Driver... Why?
Hi, I'm new here! =D I have a project of one Plasma Speaker with TV Flybacks and I'm having some problems... 1- My flybacks always is burning; 2- I don't know how to i can calculate the correct...
7
7

Living Among Trash Takes Years Off Life
"Disadvantaged" my ass... "Regardless of chronological age, people who live in neighborhoods with hig h crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade older than those who do not,...
37
37

Analog filter design metgod questions
Could some analog filter design guru please clarify the following ? Canonical analog filter design specifications for e.g., a normamlized low-pass Butterworths filter are: 1. pass band edge frequency...
29
29

Ping JT re: clamp
I believe there was a clamp circuit on your website that I wanted to look at again with the file name "ClampForLarkin.pdf". It's gone now. Do you still have it available? Thanks
3
3

super simple pulse stretcher
I have a need to take a square pulse of 0V/+5V and about 5-10ms duration, and stretch it out long enough to flash a LED brightly enough to be visible indoors under "ordinary" lighting conditions. I...
37
37

I'm an off topic degenerate
I love this group and I know many of you guys are real pros with many years in the business. I'm sure we have experts here on the ins and outs of not just electronic design but the companies...
17
17

Potting compounds
A customer is asking me to pot some boards, both to make a waterproof assembly and to obfuscate our design decisions. Well, OK -- the customer wants it so it's the right thing to do. The board...
14
14

Generation recombination (GR) noise
Hi all, I was over at UB yesterday*. (See previous posts.. twisted pair..) They are using Gallium doped Germanium as a FIR detector. (photo conductor) We'll be cooling it down soon and looking at the...
13
13

The Simpson 260
I have many instruments. The most valued and cherished one is the Simpson 260. I can easily do some things with it that is almost impossible with a DVM, oscilloscope, etc. I hope I never have to do...
45
45

PC fan speed servo
Hi, SWMBO wanted a "little machine" that could be used to view DVD's as well as photos on/from her cameras. So, memory card reader and DVD drive, as a minimum. But, doesn't really need much general...
20
20

cool dc/dc converters
We're going to be doing several instruments that need isolated signal channels, so I've been researching low power dc/dc converters. I'll need floating +-5 or maybe +-12 volts. These are really cool...
36
36

OT: Dented tweeter
Anyone know a quick hack to fix up a dented tweeter like this one: ?
5
5

California Still Figuring Out Construction Flashing
Another bunch can't be told what to do in combination with unsupervised unskilled labor: wood cantilever floor joists...
48
48