Subject Author Posted Replies

RF in SOCs?
Hi guys I havent working with RF for ages, but am using it now. I know about "classic" radios, with coils for filters and OSCs. Now, with SOC (system on chip) I dont need to know about it, but I still...
21
21

Sizing Resistor Wattage for One Short Pulse
I am designing an inrush control circuit to prevent a pair of electrolytic bypass capacitors exceeding their rated ripple current when power is suddenly applied. When the capacitor is fully charged it...
67
67

Tbird/FFox versions
Hi, I have to build another batch of laptops for some local students. Normally, I just grab the latest versions of FFox and TBird and install these as the default Mail/Internet clients. Any reasons I...
1
1

stupid product, stupid price
I wonder why that's on clearance! Sellers always trying to find new ways to gull the gullible. NT
11
11

semi OT: linear predictive coding
Does anyone know where I could find some example code that implements linear predictive speech synthesis? The particular language doesn't really matter, so long as the example is not using a ton of...
26
26

New Browser Needed
Just putting the world on notice that I'm interested in creating a startup to develop a new browser with the specific objective of REMOVING all AdChoi ces content from the HTML prior to rendering the...
49
49

Repairing hygrometer transmitter
I have one of those sort-of cheap Oregon Scientific weather stations with t he wireless outdoor temperature/humidity sensors. It's maybe about 6 years old, so normally a person would simply buy a new...
17
17

Myth or Fact: Dead casio comes back alive and starts beeping
Hello, I'm a sucker for weird stories... this weird story always stayed inside my head because it's so bizar... today I developed an alternative theory for how it might have happened, first the story:...
4
4

Using Analog to Digital Converter for modulation
Hi I have written Matlab script for BPSK modulation. The way my code works is as follow: series of 0 and 1----> NRZ data (continuous rectangular pulses with amplitude -1 and 1)--->multiply by...
5
5

74HC74 pulse shaping
What's the "canonical" way to use a 74HC74 D flip flop to "square up" pulses a la a Schmitt trigger? I feel like this should be possible but I'm having trouble finding example circuits that aren't...
117
117

OT: Win7 FireFox question
Reference: When one downloads & saves a file,one sees a grey arrow moving upwards to top of screen while fading out. Naturally, since this is Win7, there is NO CHOICE as to where the F it goes and...
24
24

OT: _John Dies at the End_
Having just watched this for the third (fourth?) time, I guess I can conclude that it has made my list of favorites! I shake my head wondering how folks can come up with this sort of stuff!!! (maybe...
7
7

Advanced Hobbyist Wanted for Casual Design Work
This will probably get slammed by the "pro's", but I know there are subscribers here who are not in the trade, but have sufficient ability to do design and prototyping. I sort of know who some might...
23
23

RIP Ben Tongue, Blonder-Tongue
A page about his history. Mikek
4
4

OT: getting paid
So, I've recently started trying to run a business on the side setting up sound reinforcement equipment for DJs and stuff like that. This is a kind of new area of business for me, and I've recently...
64
64